Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds II DLC - now with multiplayer and microtransactions!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I was considering making another thread but the disdain and repulsion generated towards the series made me refrain from doing such.

Now I must've picked up the first game and GoG and forgot. Perusing current sales I saw II and DLCs. I watched the reviews and WTF is up with Tenebrae? Lvl 60 75 skills, uber items to start? That's a bit ..... STUPID!

So, I look at patches and mods for these games and it looks pretty scarce. This doesn't look like a series you want to play vanilla but want it patched/modded by others trying to fix issues. I get the feeling its a series for completionists to just add to their completion resume. Pirates DLC? Yarr?
Har harrr?

yes? / no?

Sarathiour

Cipher
The pirate DLC is okayish , there is actually some sort of questline and it's mildly entertaining if you can stomach the rest of the game.

The main problem of the base game is that it hit is peak early on, past chapter 2 the game go down the drain really quick. You start to gain access to a lot of magick that make the game extremely cheesable, and got more skill point that you need to. Mystical oriental something map is also a steep decline from the big landmass of chapter 2, less quest and everything feel more cramped. Once you finally reach the swamp, the game don't even care about the plot making any kind of sense, and everything become painstakingly railroaded.

Tenebrae is just peak retardation and a quick scheme to grab cash, don't even bother.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Who cares, it was only worth playing with Worldmerge project and it wasn't compatible with the so-called "HD" version...

Sykar

Arcane
I tried to like this game. I hit uninstall.exe after 30 minutes and have not touched it again. Luckily, I got it for less than 5 Eurobucks so not a big loss. It probably had to do with me playing Kingdoms of Banalur before which was already banal shit boring, so I had run out of patience for another Banalurboring tripe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom