Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny Pre-Release Thread

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
:trigglypuff:

Starwars

Arcane
Careful there Codex, someone might just get the idea that you think women are... you know, OK.

And with purple hair to boot, my god.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
What people think about PoE doesn't really matter since Tranny is made by a different team.

Don't be like people such as FreeKaner that think a game is made by a disembodied entity called Obsidian instead of being made by a team of people, he thinks all Obsidian games will be good even though everyone credited for them being good is gone (MCA, Ziets, Gonzalez, Fenstermaker, etc)

Fry

Arcane
Are they just running the first hour again? Not worth my time if it's the same shit Obsidian has already streamed.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
What people think about PoE doesn't really matter since Tranny is made by a different team.

Don't be like people such as FreeKaner that think a game is made by a disembodied entity called Obsidian instead of being made by a team of people, he thinks all Obsidian games will be good even though everyone credited for them being good is gone (MCA, Ziets, Gonzalez, Fenstermaker, etc)

The people you mentioned were nobodies once as well. Although going from his weight the guy in Tyranny's development team will probably die before the game is released.

Sizzle

Arcane
Nothing new was said or done in Conquest - right now almost all the possible Conquest options have been shown in the streams.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Bronze age is a boring part of history in terms of aesthetics. I am glad they went for bronze age society but more fantasy aesthetics.
Actually there is great architecture and art at that time, on Mesopotamia alone, each city from Ur to Babylon had their own culture and art. I find the fantasy element the weakest part of this game.

Darklands on sumerian lands would be cool. Something like Conan or Dark Sun would be better.

Over the top fantasy always make me cringe, I think the fantasy part is clashing hard with the bronze age thing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Keep in mind that the Oldwalls and Spires are the remnants of some ancient civilization. Some kind of sci-fi-ish "Atlantean" culture?

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Bronze age is a boring part of history in terms of aesthetics. I am glad they went for bronze age society but more fantasy aesthetics.
Actually there is great architecture and art at that time, on Mesopotamia alone, each city from Ur to Babylon had their own culture and art. I find the fantasy element the weakest part of this game.

Darklands on sumerian lands would be cool. Something like Conan or Dark Sun would be better.

Over the top fantasy always make me cringe, I think the fantasy part is clashing hard with the bronze age thing.

No you misunderstood me, I actually do like bronze age, just not the aesthetics of it, mainly clothing and architecture. Assyrians alone deserve their own RPG game, it's a very unexplored area of history in terms of media.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom