Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

UBBLIBION bannah

You clicked it, sumbitch! How many times?

• Once

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twice

• I clikked it till i cummed!

• That's one of the dumbest polls ever. (but I still clicked it!)

• Total voters

hack

Novice
RPGCodex is so lame. not only you guys love crappy isometric rpgs, but you also spit on your words like this.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I put the banner in rotation earlier today because it was just too easy... I knew EXACTLY what would happen here (not that it wasn't obvious). So, thanks for this lemming-fest, I had a really good laugh. :D

Just for the record, Saint didn't know anything about this, and no one at Codex is making any money off it. There's a small commission from Amazon that goes to me if you buy the game from the page linked, and that's it. You've got a good selection of other titles on the same page too if Oblivion's not your thing. The money goes directly into the fund to pay for the hosting of the server we're on, so it's all for a good cause.

Anyway, now that this comedy fest has played out, the banners may get removed, depending on what Saint says. I think he may appreciate the joke and the irony as much as I have, but it's hard to tell. ;)

All in all, at least you got some related advertising for a change, and that's worth something too.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
hack said:
RPGCodex is so lame. not only you guys love crappy isometric rpgs, but you also spit on your words like this.

HOW R U?!??!! :) :) :) :) :) U R COOOOL! LOL! YA THIS SITE IS LAME LOLZ I H8 IT.

fuck off.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Taluntain said:
All in all, at least you got some related advertising for a change, and that's worth something too.

Hell yeah, I'd rather see lousy adverts that's even remotely related to the site than not. So, while you're at it - how about some adverts for the 'combat rpg of 2004'? :lol:

VasikkA

Liturgist
I think it's OK for the host to advertise their services, but a bit of tact would be appreciated in the future. That was just a ruthless low-blow. Would have been a better April fools joke.:)

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I know, it's just crappy timing for Oblivion's release. If only it could have been released in the early days of April, this would have been that much better. :lol:

Drakron

Arcane
No, what would be fun is having the entire front page and the forums turned into some kind of Bethsoft blowjob fan craze "we love Oblivion" theme.

oherror

Liturgist
hey its better then that american express banner, no that one pissed me off...this one doesnt expand its self.

besides codex might make some money off of it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm still having way too much fun with that "type it and let me say it" banner to care about an Oblivion one. Immature humour never grows old.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom