Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultima 6 Question-Rings of Invisilbility

Amerestatistic

Liturgist
I've started playing U6 recently and generally, rather than fight gargoyles at the various shrines, I've been sneaking past them with a Ring of Invisibility.

My question is: Do these items severely unbalance this game, or is there something I don't know about them? It seems I can even hack monsters up without them reacting at all as long as I'm wearing the ring in solo mode. Is there some cost to doing this? Will the Rings eventually cease to function? Do you lose Karma? Anything?

Just curious, because it doesn't take long before you can have at least two of them very easily, and they seem awfully effective.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Its wicked Ring. Its the One Ring and its bearer is one and only - the Dark Lord itself!!! Muahahahaha...

But if serious, I dunno and would appreciate anyones comment on this.

It's been a while since I last plundered Ultima 6's Britannia, but IIRC there really aren't all that many Rings of Invisibility in that game. I'm thinking 6... 7... somewhere around there. And some of them are pretty hard to find, being buried in the deepest and most inaccessible nooks and crannies of Hythloth, or that massive system of caverns that connects Britain with Buccaneer's Den.

Oh, and the rings also have a nasty habit of vanishing at random times, too. If you're wearing it and sort of lose track of things for a while, it's entirely possible that it'll just use itself up.

I never used them that much myself, though, if at all; those things were much too valuable to actually use. They went with the rest of my hoarded treasure in my room in LB's castle, in trapped and magically locked chests. Never did trust Nystul after he teleported out of the closet I locked him in... and after I'd gone to all the trouble of setting up those energy fields, too...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom