Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ULTIMA IV IS FUCKING UNPLAYABLE!!!

Fowyr said:
Jaesun said:
Do you want us to flat out tell you? If you want a slight hint... talk to everyone about runes... and shrines perhaps.
No, I knew about shrines and mantras. I want to knew should I hunt stones in dungeons or try to attain full Avatarhood?

Take your pick. It doesn't really matter. You can do some of one, then some of the other. I did absolutely nothing in order, because between the questing for stones/Skull of Mondain/etc etc, I was finding new towns and things to do. This was actually an advantage to not having the map way back then when I think about it.

bhlaab

Erudite
Elzair said:
- There are NO fedex quests, which are the annoying mainstay of most modern RPGs.

Hold on a second, the whole game is a fedex quest

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Blackadder said:
bhlaab said:
Elzair said:
- There are NO fedex quests, which are the annoying mainstay of most modern RPGs.

Hold on a second, the whole game is a fedex quest

What? Where do you fetch something to give to someone else?
You fetch your imperfections and give them in the shrines of virtues
:troll face:

waywardOne

Arcane
Fowyr said:
But I wanted avatarhood in compassion to remove fear of accidentally slaying fleeing enemies.

you can lose your enlightenment after the fact (such as by killing an innocent or stealing gold).

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
waywardOne said:
Fowyr said:
But I wanted avatarhood in compassion to remove fear of accidentally slaying fleeing enemies.

you can lose your enlightenment after the fact (such as by killing an innocent or stealing gold).
Hm, seems reasonable.

ironyuri

Fowyr said:
waywardOne said:
Fowyr said:

Hm, seems reasonable.

A propos the slaying fleeing enemies point- it depends on what you consider to be a virtue.

Bushido might consider the act of fleeing honourable battle to be an act which contravenes the virtues of a warrior and so slaying cowards who flee honourable death is a virtuous act.

The Avatar is all about some falseidea of chivalry, god damned Eurofag virtues. Weeaboo virtues are what the Codex needs.

MisterStone

Arcane
If anyone mentions something about a Sextant, pay attention and take notes. You definitely want to get a sextant.

Elzair

Cipher
There is only one major bug that I can think of. If you are approaching 9999XP, MAKE SURE you have ascended in Valor and NEVER FLEE FROM BATTLE. After you max out your XP, the game stops giving you Valor points, and if you lose that eight, the game is unwinnable. That is the only major bug I can think of.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS RIGHT HERE AND NOW ULTIMA V AND WASTELAND ARE THE TWO GAMES THAT PIONEERED MOST OF WHAT WE LOVE IN RPGS

BROS SOME OF THE BROS HERE ARE TOO HARDCORE TO REMEMBER THAT THEYT ARE REALLY NEWFAGS

BROS IN MY RECENT PLAYTHROUGH OF ULTIMA 4 I JUST NEEDED TO GRIND A LITTLE SACRIFICE I THINK IF YOU MEDITATE AT THE SHRINES FOR ONE THEN TWO THEN THREE CYCLES YOU CAN STILL GET YOUR EIGHTH

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Elzair said:
There is only one major bug that I can think of. If you are approaching 9999XP, MAKE SURE you have ascended in Valor and NEVER FLEE FROM BATTLE. After you max out your XP, the game stops giving you Valor points, and if you lose that eight, the game is unwinnable. That is the only major bug I can think of.
Do you lose Valor points when flee from dungeon rooms?

ironyuri

waywardOne said:
BLOBERT said:
I JUST NEEDED TO GRIND A LITTLE SACRIFICE

i was on the road to disappointment until this surfaced. sounds like a Nickelback song.

GRINDIN SACRIFICE FOR THE LORDDD (BRITISH)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom