Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #43: Release Date - December 21st

Weasel
I don't have to look, i was there, i voted for KotC. Knights of the Chalice is one of the best translations of d&d ruleset into computer game ever made - and it lost because of not-so-prestigious individuals who (obviously because of their bad taste in games) voted DA:O. Take it as you wish. I, as a codexer, was butthurt ashamed because of this. And still am. Also i feel a little less presigious since then :obviously:.

Yes, still can't believe DA:O beat KOTC.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rpg-of-the-year-2009.38358/

I voted DA

Whatever, voted for Dragon Age.

Only played DA out of all those games, so DA.

Dragon Age, both on its own merits, and because the notion that someone might like it causes simpletons to have kittens, which is enjoyable in itself.
It has been a slow year couple of years.

Only played DA and MoW, and DA wins that by a long shot.

Out of this lot I played Drakensang, Risen and DA.
Drakensang was crap.
Risen was good old G2 and I liked it a lot.
But in the end I voted DA because of its scope and lenght.

Dragon Age.

ENCHANTMENT!

dont see the results as disappointing. any codexer whose opinion is worth jackshit was pleasantly suprised by DA even though nobody went as far as claiming it the best game ever..... the rest is the meme-morons who simply want to show their hardcore, oldschool attitude ignoring that most of them were still pissing their pants during the golden age of cRPGs , know them only from hearsay & GoG and cant even tell apart an action-adventure from a proper cRPG.

there might be a few exceptions like skyway

Not sure who VD voted for:
A lot of titles, not much to choose from:
Knights of the Chalice - the best TB crawler since ToEE. Possibly even better than ToEE.
Risen - pretty good, Chapter 1 - brilliant, "game" of the year, overall it falls short. The latter chapters are dumb hack-n-slash. It's still a pretty good game, but...
Dragon Age - far from perfect, but very enjoyable and has plenty of role-playing options. Tactical combat doesn't hurt either.

I thought DA was the KC option :(

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Knights of the Chalice is one of the best translations of d&d ruleset into computer game ever made

:updatedmytxt:

I will check this game later on.

Just read my amazing review:

CJZQo1CWgAAWyOJ.png:orig

Yes, still can't believe DA:O beat KOTC.

The same guy who wrote the glowing KotC review in the cRPG book voted for DA:O that year. Problem? :smug:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Is there some sort of demo for this game, or do I have to buy Early Access version? Trying to write a preview for another gaming forum, but its kind of futile without ever playing it.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There used to be a demo, and you can probably find it floating around somewhere. I wouldn't go by that because it's so far out of date now that I think it would only give you the barest impression of what the game is like. It was a very early alpha version. Even when I played the game a couple years ago, the demo was missing large parts of the game that existed at that time when I bought it.

tl;dr: There is a demo, but don't trust it.

epeli

Arcane
Yeah there's an old demo from 2012 which had a tiny chunk of the early game. You can still find it on the internet, but Styg has removed it from his site for a good reason. Terribly outdated on all aspects.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
There used to be a demo, and you can probably find it floating around somewhere. I wouldn't go by that because it's so far out of date now that I think it would only give you the barest impression of what the game is like. It was a very early alpha version. Even when I played the game a couple years ago, the demo was missing large parts of the game that existed at that time when I bought it.

tl;dr: There is a demo, but don't trust it.

There is a demo.

But dont trust it.

Yeah there's an old demo from 2012 which had a tiny chunk of the early game. You can still find it on the internet, but Styg has removed it from his site for a good reason. Terribly outdated on all aspects.

Thanks guys. Quoting cause no brofits.

:brodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom