Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: Heavy Duty - heavy weapons and high level mission DLC

S.torch

Arbiter
Psibros...

epeli

Arcane
Is Heavy Duty free?
Cant see any price

Dunno, but I doubt they would ask much for a small DLC like this. Not when the base game and Expedition are underpriced for their scale. A free DLC might even move more copies of the base game than one with pennies for pricetag.

Velut

Literate
Happy to hear that we don't need to wait god knows how long for Infusion to get more Underrail.
I hope that heavy weapons won't be the only addition to the arsenal, a new chem pistol or energy gun would be nice.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Wait a moment, burst firing Assault rifle builds were one of the strongest things in Underrail, so Styg decides to give us more burst-firing weapons of mass destruction? Well, I am in motherfuckers.

And here is another video demonstrating the new heavy weapons in use:

0wca

Learned
Sounds great, Styg, but could you PLEASE change the sounds of the machine guns? Right now they sound like airsoft guns.

Also, which DLC will give us run animations? :cool:

Mauman

Learned
Grenade launcher + grenades build sounds quite fun, I do admit.

A flamethrower would be cool too if there's going to be something like that (didn't see it in the trailer).

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Styg mentioned these very weapon types on discord once when I asked him if he had any idea for what new weapon types could be added to Infusion. It's very likely that much of the work that went into this mini-DLC will also be useful for Infusion. Can't wait to explore more of this amazing setting, Styg and his team truly are some of the best devs out there right now.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I just purchased it and I feel good :smug:

I cannot play it atm

CHEMS

Scholar
My crossbow guy is at level 22, i think i'm gonna tackle the DLC now, even though i still haven't got into the institute for the corrosive bolts.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
My crossbow guy is at level 22, i think i'm gonna tackle the DLC now, even though i still haven't got into the institute for the corrosive bolts.
your level is never high enough.
on dominating its a meme
you are facing squads of humanoids that are sturdy like nagas, matching their destructive power, but diverse in output type so its not that easy to mitigate, with cave wizardry on top. They also run fast for all that armor they are wearing.
Oh and there is option to face like 30-40 of them at once with very limited cover.

top crafted spear throw can barely take down one near max distance. To put this in perspective most bosses(but not all) can be put down with single spear throw on dominating.

CHEMS

Scholar
your level is never high enough.
on dominating its a meme
you are facing squads of humanoids that are sturdy like nagas, matching their destructive power, but diverse in output type so its not that easy to mitigate, with cave wizardry on top. They also run fast for all that armor they are wearing.
Oh and there is option to face like 30-40 of them at once with very limited cover.

top crafted spear throw can barely take down one near max distance. To put this in perspective most bosses(but not all) can be put down with single spear throw on dominating.
Can they be critted? If they can, i'm not afraid. Also, they're robots, right? I made some stacks of EMPs for them.

Can they be critted? If they can, i'm not afraid. Also, they're robots, right? I made some stacks of EMPs for them.
They're humans in exoskeletons. You can see your guy getting his own exoskeleton in the trailer.
Half their patrols have an APS BigDog that shoots down your grenades.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom