Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: Heavy Duty - heavy weapons and high level mission DLC

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Can they be critted? If they can, i'm not afraid. Also, they're robots, right? I made some stacks of EMPs for them.
They're humans in exoskeletons. You can see your guy getting his own exoskeleton in the trailer.
Half their patrols have an APS BigDog that shoots down your grenades.
also got true seeing, that dog i mean.
They can be critted, but even with amazing luck reloading expect to be overrun. Hard to prepare environment to fight them, at least in some instances. Also not sure how you expect to quickly mow down squad of tanks with mirror image(as I said, cave wizards).
My throwing spear build just is not made for that task(again, dominating). Ambushed some patrols for fun but few harded fights are just not for me

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
How much fighting do you need to survive the first time you do the DLC mission? Like if you went there straight from Depot A would it enter a fail state because you couldn't kill tough enemies?

Zeem

Learned
How much fighting do you need to survive the first time you do the DLC mission? Like if you went there straight from Depot A would it enter a fail state because you couldn't kill tough enemies?
If you have enough electronics w/ advanced electronic repair kit (or a lot of batteries) you can unlock the way back to Upper Underrail without even leaving the first map, much less engaging in combat.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Bought it.

Why is this shit priced the same as Expedition which is infinitely larger?
I'd rather having to pay this much, now, than the introduction of purchasable season passes / loot boxes / pay-to-win / game endings only reachable upon your payment, stuff like that, in future releases.
Do I wish the "Day 1" discount was better? Surely, but I'm not gonna boycott the developers, over it.

If you have enough electronics w/ advanced electronic repair kit (or a lot of batteries) you can unlock the way back to Upper Underrail without even leaving the first map, much less engaging in combat.
There's also a giant pile of batteries on the second map, and there are no enemies in the way so you can grab them without fighting. So it's basically impossible to get trapped.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Happy to hear that we don't need to wait god knows how long for Infusion to get more Underrail.
It is nice, but I think we'll no longer get "expansions" for this game. Hopefully people bitching about the price being asked are in the minority and it sells very well — then, the devs may consider bringing more content to Underrail.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
so thats why I did it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom