Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unicorn Overlord - Tactical RPG by Vanillaware

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I forget which mission it was, but if you pick bad matchups and have to heal up and recover, with the time limit it became unwinnable. Some maps have a very low margin for errors, and the build variety is huge.

Retardo

Learned
So I’m playing this because it received a lot praise here and elsewhere and I feel like I gotta ask… what’s the point of this game?

I’ve thrown together units willy nilly, I don’t understand the system or have made any effort to do anything tactical or interesting with my forces beyond the most obvious synergies, yet I win everything so far by just throwing whatever units seem to be most fit at the objective as fast as possible… as a result there also seems to be little point in ever watching a fight play out.

Being easy is one thing, but basically autowinning everything on expert makes me question if there’s even a game here?

Is it just an issue in the beginning?
It is called boringlord for a reason.

You travel a hugeass map and fight in simple tactical battles to read cringey dialogue and look at amazing graphics.
TBH, I was all hyped about that "old-school jap srpg ogre battle" thing, and waited patiently for it to become gud. 30 hrs later, it did not become gud yet, and was far from over.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Unibored Oversnore might have been salvagable if it had an interesting story like 13 Sentinels did to make up for the tepid gameplay, but outside of the pretty art it really has nothing going for it. The tactical aspect never really comes alive due to the low difficulty and how little your tactics in battle affect the outcome vs your preparation with squad composition. It's not like X-Com where you can get into a bad situation but snatch victory from the jaws of defeat with clever tactics, you're just going to be restarting over and over until you get the correct combination of units to solve the level.

Reinhardt

Arcane
if it had an interesting story
it has gud enough classic story. i'll take it any day of the week over all shit that passes as "fantasy" in the west these days, where everything must be smeared with shit and no heroes allowed.

Retardo

Learned
if it had an interesting story
it has gud enough classic story. i'll take it any day of the week over all shit that passes as "fantasy" in the west these days, where everything must be smeared with shit and no heroes allowed.
japanese shit about adolescents growing up, power of friendship and guys beings bitchslapped on suspicion of lewdness is the same shit as westoid grimdark shit, just turned inside out

Yuber

Educated
Chance for an even harder difficulty mode as patch???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom