Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
TBH, it not only looks good, it looks almost too good to be true. The C64 version thing is a gimmick and a huge red flag. The appeal to nostalgia is at its most shameless since the Grimoire pitch. And yet I want to believe. So conflicted. :negative:
The moment where Melan's lizard brain overruled his healthy cynicism. :d1p::dead:
Embarrassing.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
TBH, it not only looks good, it looks almost too good to be true. The C64 version thing is a gimmick and a huge red flag. The appeal to nostalgia is at its most shameless since the Grimoire pitch. And yet I want to believe. So conflicted. :negative:
The moment where Melan's lizard brain overruled his healthy cynicism. :d1p::dead:
Embarrassing.

Honestly, with these projects its almost impossible to know whether it ends up great or a vaporware pipedream, I wouldn't feel embarrassed for supporting this

Ladonna

Arcane
Embarrassing.

I bailed a few years back and managed to get a refund. I was so looking forward to this game, but it was a good lesson learned. When I look back, the signs were everywhere, I just couldn't see them at the time.

What's he so positive about?

Uhm sorry, he won't tell about anything because that would spoil the game.

I can understand their hesitation after they've backed acts like Corven, which are speedrunning being shut down by EA with a remix of Ultima VI being called a "new soundtrack". That would indeed be one hell of a spoiler.

What the hell? They didn't even do a remix, it's the same song. If they include this in the game they deserve a takedown

Saduj

Arcane
Who is bandersnatch and why is he a faggot for rating 5-year-old posts in a thread about vaporware?

He's a user who had his posting privileges taken away for shitting up General RPG Discussion threads with SJW whinging that belonged in General Discussion. Given how lenient the site has become towards people who shit up GRPG threads in recent years, he must have been truly insufferable. He apparently has way too much time on his hands and doesn't have any other hobbies so he's resorting to rating spam. Judging by the ratings he's giving to posts that are critical of this kickstarter scam, he's also borderline retarded and an easy mark.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I've only recently seem him rate anything. I guess i don't pay attention to mostly banned people.

Irata

Scholar
Richard Garriott: "most game designers really just suck"

I'd be willing to try a Garriott game so long as he only had access to an 8-bit computer or, at the most, something like a 286 when making it. I'd even give Molyneux a chance if all he had was an Amiga to play with.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Richard Garriott: "most game designers really just suck"

I'd be willing to try a Garriott game so long as he only had access to an 8-bit computer or, at the most, something like a 286 when making it. I'd even give Molyneux a chance if all he had was an Amiga to play with.

At least nothing that connects to the internet. For all their lip service to old school anything those two really took to "microtransactions" the worst.
I'm betting they kick themselves at night for not making something like SDG's Guild. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom