Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
The most puzzling thing about this drama is the number of people who are responding to him unironically on Twitter.

Where the f... How... But why...

And then you have the fact that over 80 people voted in the most recent poll.

:deathclaw:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Vaporware dev goes vaporwave by channeling 2012 energy for an alternate 80s.

FvnANL9.png

Narushima

Prophet
Is he risking it because he already knows 100 people won't vote?
(I voted)

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Who the hell did he work for? With his work ethics currently, it is no wonder his ass got canned.

as to lemon... i got distracted by gifs.
13170221055549d941ec4a.gif

1300445534474e0f2258cb2.gif

107061439559a490b35bf15.gif

6216214435fe380aaaaf59.gif

tenor.gif

Contagium

Savant
Patron
I wish my boss would just front me over $100,000 and my response could be "it'll be done when it's done, fuck off" and then verbally attack him for the next 10 years. What a life.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Clearly, the only reason why this game hasn't come out is that its so amazing that the authors spend more time playing it than coding it. And the authors are actually trying to make it worse, because if the game was released in the form its currently in, you would not be able to tear humanity away it, and we would all die in a week. Why do you think its been banned from every forum, every retro gaming event, every computer store and every school. They're like the makers of the atom bomb, trying to find an application for their product that can benefit humanity!

Eli_Havelock

Learned
"Hey look we're doing the cool indie dev couple thing! Totally Ken and Roberta Williams!"
"We are making a fore reals troo aufentic C64 game!"
"Look at us being profound! LOOK AT US!"
"Don't mind the haters, they're just like us all!"
"Unknown Realm is so influential and great! We are owed recognition!"
"Magazines that ignored us are now wanting to talk to us! Vote for how we should respond!"
"VOTE OR MAYBE NO C64 PORT!"
"OMG thank you for attention, we're back to playing indie dev couple!"
"Check out this months-old update from another game! So cool!"
"We like free speech when we are the ones free to practice it."
"We am so persecuted and banned! Nobody is allowed to talk about our greatness!"
"We am now editors at Vox! Misogyny!"

What a ride.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Wait... c64 rags wanted to interview them and they declined? Are there still c64 rags around or are we talking blogs and vlogs and podcasts?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
But these two "unknowns" declined them? Couple of tards but more likely points to fraud and liars.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
I just realized something about this - it was only seen when working as a duo and never at any big studios

FvnANL9.png

Bruce, when are you going to stop beating your wife?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Soon the excuse will be something about them being 2% black and that's the reason they are getting hate, because racist gamers.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Remember the change from boasting influential to sulking persecuted? It didn't take Bruce long to go from turning his wife into a special case to deflect from responsibility to claiming it as an industry norm.

J1R9i1k.png

You know what else most investors/publishers view as negatives? Inability to provide a simple milestone update. This is probably why they had to go independent and beg and still can't show even the same level of updates they'll re-tweet from other developers.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
So, are these the new reasons he has not finished his game, or are these the same old ones? Asking for a friend.

Remember the change from boasting influential to sulking persecuted? It didn't take Bruce long to go from turning his wife into a special case to deflect from responsibility to claiming it as an industry norm.

J1R9i1k.png

You know what else most investors/publishers view as negatives? Inability to provide a simple milestone update. This is probably why they had to go independent and beg and still can't show even the same level of updates they'll re-tweet from other developers.

shilence

Educated
So, are these the new reasons he has not finished his game, or are these the same old ones? Asking for a friend.

J1R9i1k.png

Tune in next week when he finds new reasons why not to deliver any updates :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom