Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Emmanuel2

Savant
A game with probably one of the worst names (or best?) possible for getting coverage coming out this August 12.

Inspired by old-school Might and Magic (minus the real time option) + a bit of D.W Bradley Wizardry.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gorgon Shield
Release Date: TBA
Pixel Graphics, Short Runs, Class-based, Real-time, Party-based

Old School RPG
Release Date: August, 2024
First Person, Party-based, Turn-based, Class-based, Dungeon Crawler

World of Anterra
Pixel Graphics, Open World, Party-based, Turn-based, Crafting

Proelium Tactics
Tactical, Class-based, Party-based, Permadeath

They showed me signs of life, and the game is also changing name to:

Jurassic Knights: Tactics
Tactical, Class-based, Party-based, Permadeath

Dungeons of Everchange had to die, so that Scaledeep might live.

Scaledeep
Roguelike, Single Character, Procedural Generation, Turn-based, Isometric

After some contemplation, I decided that this will be moved to Vaporware section.

Eidolons: Netherflame
Turn-based, Roguelike, Classless, Open World

Dead game. Removed from the Steam store.

Emberheart
Release Date: TBA (Demo Available on Steam, Available on Steam EA)
Hack n' Slash, Single Character, Level Scaling, Class-based, Isometric

Another dead game. They are focusing on other games.

Legend of You
Open World, Pixel Graphics, Turn-based, Crafting, Classless

Put on hold. Making a vampire fps/tps now.

Synthnostate: Crusaders of the Tinfoil Hat
Turn-based, Sci-Fi, Isomeric, Party-based, Many Endings

This one is now Apeiron

Tales of Forgotten Heroes
Open World, Action, Thirds Person, Party-based

Probably already did this one, but it's dead.

Unforetold Witchstone
Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA)
Turn-based, Party-based, Non-linear, Isometric

Seems pretty much dead.

Veil of Entropy: Norfolk Warriors
Release Date: TBA (Avaialbe on Microsoft Store EA)
Turn-based, Tactical, Party-based, Free Roam

Three Kingdoms Zhao Yun
RELEASED!
Action, Chinese, Han Dynasty Era, Action, Top Down Camera

Corpse Keeper
RELEASED!
Side Scrolling, Action, Resource Management, Medieval

Relic Space
RELEASED!
Tactical, Space, Open World, Turn-based, Single Character

Midnight Margo
RELEASED!
Side Scrolling, Modern Day Setting, Puzzles, Single Character, Point & Click

Umbra Fields
RELEASED!
RPGMaker, Monochromatic Graphics, First Person, Class-based, Turn-based, Party-based

Ruzar - The Dark Stones
RELEASED!
First Person, Real-time, Party-based, Low Polygon Graphics, Dungeon Crawler

Legend of Mortal
RELEASED!
Chinese (No English Translation), Wuxia, Multiple Endings, Hand Painted Graphics

The Life and Suffering of Prince Jerian

Narrative Driven, Text-based, Choose Your Own Adventure, Multiple Endings

Codex Lost
Release Date: TBA (Demo Available on Steam)
Action, Third Person, Open World, Spell Customization, Medieval

Erannorth Renaissance
Choose You Own Adventure, Text Heavy, Hex Grid, Turn-based Combat, Party-based

Huaxia: Warring States
Release Date: TBA (Demo Available on Steam)
Chinese, Sandbox, Character Customization, Party-based, Kingdom Management

Sand Nomads
Tactical, Turn-based, Party-based, Open World, Class-based

Happy Bastards
Turn-based, Tactical, Party-based, Cartoony, Permadeath

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
F***ing hell, that's the whole OP updated. Games removed, older titles I missed added to their respective released year list. Canceled games, demos available, early access games. Name changes, you name it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko please, give me five tags for Tears of Metal. My brain is melting.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Cyclopean
Dungeon Crawler, First Person, Single Character, Turn-based, Roguelike

Tears of Metal
Action, Third Person, Medieval, Massive Battles, Co-op

Dungeon Dungeon!
RELEASED!
Chinese, Party-based, Turn-based, Class-based, Roguelike

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Cat Quest III
RELEASED!
Action, Cartoony, Animals, Open World, Single Character

Deathbound
RELEASED!
Brazilian, Third Person, Action, Change Forms, Soulslike

Gorgon Shield
RELEASED!
Pixel Graphics, Short Runs, Class-based, Real-time, Party-based

Nine Tereasures of Liuyin
RELEASED!
Chinese, Action, Single Character, Isometric

Steamworld Heist II
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Side Scrolling, Party-based, Robots, Naval Combat

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Skillsworn
Turn-based, Isometric, Party-based, Low Poly Graphics, Tactical

Arco
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Pixel Graphics, Party-based, Wild West, CYOA Elements

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://zechatactics.com/newsletter/

About​

On a planet divided by conflict, a new force arises.

Zecha Tactics is a blend of Mecha tactics, story driven RPG, and mercenary outfit management.

• Fast-paced turn based tactical combat
  • Expansive single player campaign – explore the world map aboard your mecha carrier, chat with your crew, discover lost technologies, brawl in the arenas, ally with different factions, and uncover the conspiracy threatening Aldsan-Od
  • Convince your enemies to join your cause, and project your fighting power to control new territories
  • Upgrade and customize your mecha, carrier, and home base
  • Change the course of the world – every choice matters
Currently in early development, coming to PC

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Immersive Strategy
A unique combination of first-person strategy elements places Warlord: Awaji in a genre of its own. Immersive strategy, pioneered by Darkmatter Games, fixes the player in the shoes of their character, while presenting them with complex strategic gameplay. Lead a large army, establish forts, conquer villages and castles, and disrupt dynamic enemy forces, in a sprawling open world–entirely from this immersive strategy perspective. Turn the tide of battle by engaging directly in the action yourself, fighting alongside your own hand picked warriors fully in real time.
Dynamic Open World
The world of Warlord: Awaji is a sprawling island based on the eponymous real life location. Travel the roads cautiously and keep your eyes on the treelines, as convoys and roaming armies criss-cross the open world in real time. The local population will quickly spread word of your exploits, so choose your actions carefully. Manage the population’s unrest levels and prepare for raids on your camp. Enemies will react aggressively to repeated attacks and transgressions by your samurai invasion force.
Massive Battles
Your warriors are your most important weapon. Recruit and maintain a powerful retinue of samurai to complete your army. Enemy forces can coordinate and number in their hundreds to oppose your advance. Use your troops carefully to attack local strongholds and settlements, and gain the upper hand. Every battle has lasting consequences and implications, so choose your fights wisely.
Base Building
Construct a series of camps and outposts as you conquer the open world. Clear the forests and put up defenses. Set guards and patrols to maintain a perimeter. At any time, you may pack up and relocate your camp, allowing for complex strategic maneuvers. Decide where and when to set up your base, and how long to stay before conditions become too dangerous.
Japanese History
All of the weapons, armor, structures, names, and gameplay featured are inspired directly from extant literary, iconographic, and archeological sources. Darkmatter Games, with the help of world leading experts on samurai warfare, has painstakingly recreated the 14th century world of feudal Japan in unrivaled detail. Historical authenticity is the core element of the Warlord franchise. Prepare to experience the visceral world of the samurai like never before seen.

Please check back later to view more trailers, screenshots, and details about the full game and Campaign mode as they are revealed

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Final Fantasy XVI
Release Date: September 17, 2024
Japanese, Action, Third Person, JRPG

Rogue Titan
Turn-based, Roguelike, Greek Mythology, Procedural Dungeon Generation, 3D Graphics

SOF: Enemy from the future
RELEASED!
Russian, Turn-based, Party-based, Tactical, Class-based

Ringlorn Saga Gaiden
RELEASED!
"JRPG", Pixel Graphics, Single Character, Action

Black Myth: Wu Kong
RELEASED!
Chinese, Action, Third Person, Single Character, Journey to the West

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom