Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Upload to Imgur" button

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
and to a human?

I'll answer this reluctantly, with the caveat that postmortem photographs are legal and that gore hounds don't endorse such heinous activities, regardless of what outsiders may assume.

Autopsy photos of a young rape victim who died from trauma inflicted by the rapist's sexual organ.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
It depends on the person. Some simply have a strong sense of morbid curiosity (a quality almost all human beings possess), others wish to "challenge themselves" by viewing images and videos of death that are normally hidden away by polite society, still others want to prove to themselves/the world that they're badass by viewing gore... and a small fraction enjoy it/fetishize it. Lack of censorship to the extent that the law allows is a key element in most gore communities, so you'll gets lots of tame stuff (Muslim beheading video #215), but you'll also get the worst of the worst.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Just download the Imgur browser plugin if you're that bothered, IMO.

Right click anywhere to upload an image, a screenshot, or a selective screenshot. Saves me tons of time.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Just download the Imgur browser plugin if you're that bothered, IMO.

I'm not bothered personally, I just thought it might be a nice feature to add.

'Course, at this juncture the thread should now be retitled to "The Codex discovers gorelandia and learns of Blaine's sinister proclivities".

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The imgur plugin is indeed very useful. Only the FF version is listed on their apps page, though, you might need some unofficial version if you're using some nerd browser.

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
These days, I spend very little of my time there [...] Most of it is spent trolling, playing pranks on the membership, and performing absolutely no staff duties whatsoever, similar to DU here at the Codex
:lol:

Now, with respect of Blaine suggestion, I completely approve and concur. There's a nice Imgur API that can be integrated with XenForo, and I'm even sure that there's some XF plug-in that actually makes this work.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'm telling ya, it's like reddit but without the pedophiles. It also has a 2MB limit, fuck that.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
What doesn't suprise me is that it's Blaine suggesting it, he's always the one tainting the codex with his redditor shit.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I thought the opposite would happen. Your forumites would find out about the Codex and become disgusted with you and this site...

I assure you that a good half of my forumites are already thoroughly disgusted with me due to my insufferable arrogance and the delight I take in trolling stupid people. The average IQ over there makes the Codex look like a particle physics research team.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom