Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VAMPIRE-BLOODLINES help...

y.y

Novice
i played a lot in thr game anf i just love it!!!!!!!!!!

but... after the level when you need to find the profesor that need to tell you how to open the sarcafolos (or somthing like that), well after you find it there is a boom that need to expload! after you get to the boat and escape, the is a "loading"... after he finished..

it just get out of the game!!!!!! help please!!!!!!! i doono what to do... i already reinstalled it... downloaded the ew patch... everything!!!

please help...

Expresso

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
Did you find the ring?
:D

y.y I believe you are experiencing a well known " Society of Leopold" bug. If you don't know what I'm talking about, download and install BL 1.2 patch from _Activision_ support web site. It should fix your problems. Not all, but some of them :)

Mendoza

Liturgist
Expresso said:
Vault Dweller said:
Did you find the ring?
:D

y.y I believe you are experiencing a well known " Society of Leopold" bug. If you don't know what I'm talking about, download and install BL 1.2 patch from Atari support web site. It should fix your problems. Not all, but some of them :)

I'd imagine you'd have more luck at the Activision site. But yeah, basically you need to patch it. Then equip the ring.

y.y

Novice
first: "The patch will not affect saved games from the retail version of Vampire®: The Masquerade Bloodlines™."

is that means that i have to start the game over?!!?!

second: whats the deal with the ring? i didnt see no ring...

thired: 10x a lot guys...

dunduks

Liturgist
y.y said:
first: "The patch will not affect saved games from the retail version of Vampire®: The Masquerade Bloodlines™."

That means exactly opposite, you dont have to start a new game.

y.y said:
You have to equip the ring to see the benefits.

y.y

Novice
dunduks said:
y.y said:

That means exactly opposite, you dont have to start a new game.

y.y said:
You have to equip the ring to see the benefits.

well then im sorry to say but the patch aint working...

and i still doono withch ring you all talking about!

10x

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
After you kill that guy you have to look for the ring. It's somewhere in that area. The ring is very important to the game, but hard to find. Maybe that's why the patch doesn't work. You must find teh ring!!!

y.y

Novice
suibhne said:
This is like watching a train wreck in slo-mo.

wt?!

and i searched all fucking day but i didnt find that ring!

so.. i used a commend in the console thats fixs the bug in the activision site.

and now im cool.. i dont have the ring ..... and thats cool!

10x you all!! im now playing the game! i just killed the sabbat leader!

night...

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
One of these days, a new cRPG is going to be released. This cRPG will be unique in the fact that every single copy of it will be different. At some point in the game, different for each game and each playthrough, will be a spot where a band of demons will materialize, encircling your character and kill you instantly. The only way to prevent this from happening is to have found this certain ring, aptly called Ring (catchy, isn't it?), which will be well hidden in random locations prior to this event. The description for the ring will be: You see Ring. Will you equip it?. And equipping it will have one of a myriad of bad effects on your character and cannot be removed at all. Period. But you have to have it equipped or the demons could show up at any moment and it's game over.

Somewhere, some developer will be laughing and pointing at the Codex which will be loaded onto his browser.

Payback can be a bitch. :shock:

dunduks

Liturgist
:lol:
Thanks, Otaku, you just made my day. I hope some dev picks up your idea :)

tnanh

Novice
Sorry for the silly question but what's the origin of "equip the ring" joke ? Have something to do with bioware, no ?

Jed

Cipher
The origin is Spazmo, as far as I remember. It was his response to some overly dense person posting a "help me" thread with no information whatsoever as to which game he/she was talking about. Since then it's become Yet Another Codex Trademark. Like our brand of earth-scorching critical analysis.

y.y

Novice
callehe said:
You did it without the ring?! :shock:

That's amazing dude!

if you mean that i did beat the vampire hunter sniper without the ring... you are right.

i just used "protean" and doged(avoied his shots) his shots, and then got close enagh to ki his ass!

and about the ring... what should i do? return 40 saves and find the godamn ring?! or ill just continue the game?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It's like totally up to you, dude. The ring is important tho. I guess you can beat the game without too, but if you equip it, that would start a new quest called fellowship of the ring or something.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This thread... almost... makes me speechless.. almost...

y.y

Novice
well guys.... i finished the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what an amazing ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strongly recommend to listen to the guy that becomes a wolf (forgot his name)

........... and i just started it over with the malviken clan... or should i take the nosferato?

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
y.y said:
........... and i just started it over with the malviken clan... or should i take the nosferato?

I think everyone should experience this game at least once and should experience it through the warped mind of a malkavian. Classic stuff right there.

y.y

Novice
Otaku_Hanzo said:
y.y said:

I think everyone should experience this game at least once and should experience it through the warped mind of a malkavian. Classic stuff right there.

i know!!!! but the game is extreamly hard with the nosferato!!! you cant talk to normal people because you are one godamn ugly son of a bitch!

and its very funny to scare people!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom