Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampire Bloodlines True Patch ver.4.02AT

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Whoops. Hm. Strange.

Aaaah, OK. I must've mixed this with the fact that you're supposed to stay silent on the ship (LaCroix tells you so).

Fez

Erudite
It's one you can play either way. If you have a stealthy build then it can be quite rewarding to ghost it. You could also go for a massacre and butcher everything you see. It doesn't make a lot of difference in the long run, I suppose.

RGE

Liturgist
Elwro said:
Aaaah, OK. I must've mixed this with the fact that you're supposed to stay silent on the ship (LaCroix tells you so).
Yeah, I believe that he mentions that a a warehouse in Santa Monica is one thing (which could apparently be covered up), but a "ship full of law men" is another thing, which he wouldn't be able to cover up. So even the great "don't kill anyone" LaCroix didn't care about any killings at the warehouse. Only the Sabbat cares, and no one cares about the Sabbat.

If it was indeed Troike who designed the quest that way, and didn't remove the incentive-after-the-fact before releasing the game, then it's Troika's mistake. Not really necessary to remove it though, because I could just not do it again. I just figured it'd be improved if it was changed from "no killing" to "not being seen". A nosferatu with three dots in Obfuscate could probably do it the "no killing" way and run out without being seen during the whole mission, which would make some kind of sense.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Why are two groups of retards attacking each other on the Codex? Have you guys been banned from everywhere else?

dunduks

Liturgist
RGE said:
If it was indeed Troike who designed the quest that way, and didn't remove the incentive-after-the-fact before releasing the game, then it's Troika's mistake. Not really necessary to remove it though, because I could just not do it again. I just figured it'd be improved if it was changed from "no killing" to "not being seen". A nosferatu with three dots in Obfuscate could probably do it the "no killing" way and run out without being seen during the whole mission, which would make some kind of sense.
There are 3 ways to complete this quest without being seen and no killings: obuscate, simply sneaking, hacking the ships security cameras.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Simply hacking the cameras won't be enough - there are some cleverly placed guards that will see you if you don't sneak.

RGE

Liturgist
We're not really discussing the ship quest, we're discussing the warehouse quest. There are no problems with the ship quest that I know of.

And I'd say there's a difference between 'sneaking' to hack the cameras and sneaking all the way to the sarcophagus and back. Funny though, how some walkthroughs mention the need to blood buff to pick the locks on doors to get out after hacking the cameras. Because you can unlock them while you're hacking the cameras. Unless that is a mod. ;)

neuromantik

Scholar
Tessera, thanks for the patch. I'll be playing this over the weekend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom