Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire Hunters - Halloween release

Zigmung

Novice
"Today was released a new PC RPG Vampire Hunters and is offered for an opening Halloween price. " (from a PR article)

Game homepage: www.vampirehunters.eu

I am playing it only a few hours but so for I like the game a lot.
Is anybody else playing it too? (Any opinions?)
BTW it is a very nice themed game for Halloween.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i like how the screenshots don't show any useful information. no other characters, no gui, no dialogue system, nothing but a single player character and a bunch of empty surroundings.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Zigmung

Genre
Vampire Hunters is a role-playing game with adventure-like elements that will charm the player with its dark atmosphere of old docks where a mysterious clan of vampires rages free.

Key Features
- Catchy storyline underlined by a thrilling dark atmosphere. The overall impression is augmented by an original game soundtrack creating a slightly horror mood.
- Advancement of the main character including level-ups, enhancements of skills and abilities.
- The possibility to create your own spells using the rune system
- ATBS (active time battle system, commonly used in many Asian RPG games including Final Fantasy series) adding dynamics to turn based combat as well as the possibility to use a lot of hits, blows, weapons and special combos
- A lot of adventure-like items and non-linear dialogue branching
- With a starting price of 16.99 USD the game offers an outstanding price / quality ratio

Wow, I'll make sure to pirate it right away! That way the price/quality ratio is even more in my favor!

What a catchy concept, that will thrill me and fill my mind with wonder!

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
- Dialogues with other characters were balanced as well. The aim was to create a communication model that would not be time-consuming but rather interesting, able to move the game's storyline forward and to be mysterious at the same time. Dialogue branching is non-linear and the player can always chose from among numerous answers. According to these answers the game itself creates new branches of storyline.

Wait, wut? That makes no sense at all.

- The solving of logical puzzles is more complex, consisting in the use of found items, searching for the right way to lead the investigation but also the need to think when choosing the correct answer during conversations.

So if I understand this correctly, it's somewhat akin to original Sam & Max?

Zigmung

Novice
Vampire Hunters

I have played the game more thoroughly and here are my comments:
- Game-play is pretty decent. Basically it is cross genre adventure and RPG game.
To: GarfunkeL Yes I could confirm that many aspects are like Sam&Max.
Combat is turn based, later in game quite difficult on Normal.

My general opinion is rather positive.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
From RPGWatch:
"Sir_Brennus points out this game was released as Vampire World: Port of Death back in 2007 and points us to a Mobygames entry. I don't remember it under any title, so it's new to us."

http://www.mobygames.com/game/vampire-w ... t-of-death

The Press Says
GameLand 15.06.2008 6 out of 10 60
IGROMANIA Dec, 2007 5.5 out of 10 55
Absolute Games (AG.ru) 13.05.2008 20 out of 100 20

That's some shitty fucking scores right there.

humble pie

Novice
It doesn't bode well that the manual is 6 pages, most of which are either common sense or the first-level walkthrough.

Wait, so by 'Vampire Hunters', do they mean you play (a) a member of a group that goes around hunting and killing murderous vampires, or (b) some upper-class english toffs, who are also vampires, that love fox hunting, and go around organising fox hunts, lobbying to keep hunting legal, raiding/fighting animal rights protesters and constantly say 'jolly good shot, old boy!' to each other? Because the first idea is lame, but the second idea sounds awesome.

Zigmung

Novice
Zed said:
From RPGWatch:
"Sir_Brennus points out this game was released as Vampire World: Port of Death back in 2007 and points us to a Mobygames entry. I don't remember it under any title, so it's new to us."

http://www.mobygames.com/game/vampire-w ... t-of-death

The Press Says
GameLand 15.06.2008 6 out of 10 60
IGROMANIA Dec, 2007 5.5 out of 10 55
Absolute Games (AG.ru) 13.05.2008 20 out of 100 20

That's some shitty fucking scores right there.

It is not the same game! I am not sure but this seems as the sequel and it is from the different team. (Vampire World was from Russian team and wasn't released outside
Russia) However Vampire Hunters was 100 percent done in Vienna by Cmedia company.

Zigmung

Novice
GarfunkeL said:
Well the video looks like a tech demo than a real game. It does have turn-based combat, though in an jrpg style.

Nope. It is in-game. I played the game and I am just writing a walk-through.

Murk

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Or... the one RPG game Skyway would recommend. :shock:

He approved of Risen, at least, initially. donno what his opinion on it is now.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mikayel said:
Jaesun said:
Or... the one RPG game Skyway would recommend. :shock:

He approved of Risen, at least, initially. donno what his opinion on it is now.

Banalshitboring, obviously.

jorgamesh

Novice
Zigmung said:
It is not the same game! I am not sure but this seems as the sequel and it is from the different team. (Vampire World was from Russian team and wasn't released outside
Russia) However Vampire Hunters was 100 percent done in Vienna by Cmedia company.
How it was not available outside Russia if you can see German case cover on mobygames and pick a copy of the game on German ebay?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom