Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Extended Gameplay Reveal

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Paradox Interactive; The Chinese Room; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/news/extended-gameplay

Good evening Kindred,

Today in our Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 stream we shared exciting news about the game and our first extended gameplay trailer. On the stream, The Chinese Room (TCR) Community Manager Josh Matthews was joined by Alex Skidmore, Project Creative Director at TCR, who shared insights on the game, the narrative background and how the game plays. If you missed the stream, you can check it out below.

The extended gameplay stream (below) contains several spoilers, and if you wish to avoid them, there are sections marked in the video timeline, or you can watch the trailer version of the gameplay video, which does not contain any major spoilers.

If you want a spoiler free experience, watch the Gameplay Trailer instead.

What's Next
Following this extended gameplay video, we will go into more details on each of the four base clans in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, showing abilities and how to customize your playstyle.​

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
jesus christ, bla bla bla bla
FUCK. THAT.
HE'S HIDING SOMETHING
ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The most-liked comments are complaining about the name of the protagonist and and how said protagonist and the voice in her head won't shut up. :thumbsup:

Shaki

Arbiter
Looks like a generic normie action game with very light RPG elements, and not having anything in common with bloodlines other than setting/title. I don't think continuing to share the news about it on Codex even makes sense anymore. Might as well start covering new Call of Duty.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Nothing like the original
Looks like a generic normie action game with very light RPG elements, and not sharing anything with bloodlines other than setting/title. I don't think continuing to share the news about it on Codex even makes sense anymore. Might as well start covering new Call of Duty.

Yeah, this is gonna be the dealbreaker for a lot of people. Unlike Fallout, which was fairly obscure before Bethesda bastardized it, Bloodlines has an established fandom with certain expectations. We expect quirky writing, colorful characterization, black comedy, welcome subversion of tired cliches after heavy misdirection, cartoony jiggle physics…

This is bland and generic af. The plot is probably hugely predictable and has none of “oh no they didn’t!” moments that Bloodlines had.

Females and adjacents that are into Twilight and Interview with the Vampire will love this!
This is nothing like those either. Fans of that won’t enjoy it. There’s not enough hot dudes.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
image (2).png

what discipline is this?

Shin

Cipher
the combat looks less janky than VtmB's combat.

there, the only positive comment concerning this POS you'll find in the thread!

So feeding is now always an autokill? Just a quick attack? Gone is the style of the dramatic spotlight. These people have no understanding of the source material or the era that created it. Also, why does the player keep attacking and feeding when they know they're illusions? Punch, punch, sip, dead. Very lame. In Baldur's Gate 2, one of the first quests has illusionary werewolves attack the player. If the player doesn't respond, they don't do any damage. The player can even detect them to dispel them entirely. This is a game that is over 23 years old. I don't usually jump on the Codex bandwagon to dump on games, but this one is doomed.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Why are killed people exploding in random light flashes?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Why are killed people exploding in random light flashes?
Raghar [Rolls Perception] Result: 1
Hey I flew 1.3 meter trough the air and hit chair by my forehead. I have concussion and doctor in hospital forbade me to think, doing work, or doing anything stressful.

I assume it was tutorial where a but ugly elder was manipulated by vampire with inferior power... And she was brain dead because of multiculturality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom