Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

ColaWerewolf

Educated
in V5, Protean in level 1 has Weight of the Feather, which makes it so the vampire can reduce their effective mass and density, making themselves almost weightless. In the trailer we see our MC glide through air, and this might be the reason why. Protean is shared by Ministry(Setites), Tzimisce and Gangrel.
I'm confident that was a carry-over from the original Chiropteran ability Glide, changed into a blood sorcery power/ritual. I don't think we'll see Protean in the game. If it was, we would've seen claws or eyes of the beast in a teaser by now.

Wesp5

Arcane
The only way to get an actual VtM Bloodlines game these days is for some fans to create a DaggerFall Unity/OpenXcom kind of engine (that allow both to play the original game without the bugs and allow the creation of fan mods).
This way fans can create new stories, quests, etc... using the original assets as template.

This isn't even needed. Bloodlines uses the Source Engine which is very easy to mod as multiple HL2 mods show! The problem is that only very few of the fans are willing to spend any time to mod the game compared to HL2.

Harthwain

Magister
This way fans can create new stories, quests, etc... using the original assets as template.
One of the few things I did like in Redemption is how it was possible to play in multiplayer and make your own scenarios exactly by using the existing assets.

negator2vc

Scholar
The only way to get an actual VtM Bloodlines game these days is for some fans to create a DaggerFall Unity/OpenXcom kind of engine (that allow both to play the original game without the bugs and allow the creation of fan mods).

This isn't even needed. Bloodlines uses the Source Engine which is very easy to mod as multiple HL2 mods show! The problem is that only very few of the fans are willing to spend any time to mod the game compared to HL2.
While I love the work put by all the modders they still need to carry of the burdens & bugs of the original engine, especially those that cannot be fixed with mods.

Wesp5

Arcane

While I love the work put by all the modders they still need to carry of the burdens & bugs of the original engine, especially those that cannot be fixed with mods.
I agree, but I think it is illusory to expect people creating more maps or mods, just if the engine was different. If they had any interest right now, they could use Source just fine! Unreal for example is much harder to mod AFAIK!

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I wonder if we get Gangranel, will the character undergo transformations, or will it all end with bonus names like "Bat Senses" or "Wolf Agility".
what the fuck is a gangranel... and take a wild fucking guess!

Fuck! I funcking know, fuck! Fucking Gangragrangrelsfucks!

I wonder if we get Gangranel, will the character undergo transformations, or will it all end with bonus names like "Bat Senses" or "Wolf Agility".
View attachment 43203?

I knew this name sounded familiar!

Oh, first time you posting something cool. Congratulations.

Protean would be a challenge, it's an instant masquerade violation that should provoke a considerable reaction from humans. It's possible that the outdoor areas will be almost devoid of human NPCs, and to expect there to be cops or hunters after such a spree is delusional - assuming that Gangrel is in the game at all, and also protean that you could use freely anytime.

The outdoors Seatle will be just a desolate-looking point B between A and C that you must shuffle through, with some NPCs that you can suck between cutscenes and punching.

I meant the same thing. And then I had another one - how in an open world sense (this tag is still present on Steam) are they going to solve all these weird abilities? And I was enlightened - they won't be. There will simply be no fooling around in the streets, all skills will be locked, as if every street was an elysium.

It will work like this"

Quest 1 - go to the old factory building and fight the Sabbat. Quest 2 - go to the sewer and talk to Joh. Quest 3 - go to the paper mill building, which you can reach through the factory, and fight the Sabbat.
Quest 4 - experience the consequences of the previous quest in the sewers.
Quest 5...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
in V5, Protean in level 1 has Weight of the Feather, which makes it so the vampire can reduce their effective mass and density, making themselves almost weightless. In the trailer we see our MC glide through air, and this might be the reason why. Protean is shared by Ministry(Setites), Tzimisce and Gangrel.
Feral Claws are still awesome, aren't they?
I am not really familiar with V5 and the current stuff.
Oh yes they are. And the Protean x Dominate combined powers that the Tzimisce get cover all of the important aspects of Vicissitude, while their Protean x Animalism powers cover the Dragons' genius locii aspect until now present in Koldunic Sorcery. V5 is many things, but it has been kind to us Fiends.

Semiurge

Cipher

View attachment 43203?

Protean would be a challenge, it's an instant masquerade violation that should provoke a considerable reaction from humans. It's possible that the outdoor areas will be almost devoid of human NPCs, and to expect there to be cops or hunters after such a spree is delusional - assuming that Gangrel is in the game at all, and also protean that you could use freely anytime.

The outdoors Seatle will be just a desolate-looking point B between A and C that you must shuffle through, with some NPCs that you can suck between cutscenes and punching.

I meant the same thing. And then I had another one - how in an open world sense (this tag is still present on Steam) are they going to solve all these weird abilities? And I was enlightened - they won't be. There will simply be no fooling around in the streets, all skills will be locked, as if every street was an elysium.

It will work like this"

Quest 1 - go to the old factory building and fight the Sabbat. Quest 2 - go to the sewer and talk to Joh. Quest 3 - go to the paper mill building, which you can reach through the factory, and fight the Sabbat.
Quest 5...

I agree, and if masquerade plays any part in this it will only apply to dialogue and how you resolve quests. Since this thing was almost built from scratch with an even smaller budget, I highly doubt the open world will offer the reactivity of the original Bloodlines.

But Chinese Room also talked about a blood transference where the dominant emotion of the blood doll will affect your abilities like a temporary buff, so I suppose the outdoor hub(s) will feature some NPCs you can suck. Hopefully their behaviour is realistic and they also interact with each other, like how in Bloodlines there were some random shootouts in the streets. Also it would be nice if you could talk to them in order to use your verbal skills or certain disciplines on them to achieve the same outcome (sucking).

La vie sexuelle

Learned

View attachment 43203?

It will work like this"

Quest 5...

I agree, and if masquerade plays any part in this it will only apply to dialogue and how you resolve quests. Since this thing was almost built from scratch with an even smaller budget, I highly doubt the open world will offer the reactivity of the original Bloodlines.

Perhaps Masquerade will be a faction feature? "The more we respect you, the better the quests you will receive."

But Chinese Room also talked about a blood transference where the dominant emotion of the blood doll will affect your abilities like a temporary buff, so I suppose the outdoor hub(s) will feature some NPCs you can suck. Hopefully their behaviour is realistic and they also interact with each other, like how in Bloodlines there were some random shootouts in the streets. Also it would be nice if you could talk to them in order to use your verbal skills or certain disciplines on them to achieve the same outcome (sucking).

I'm afraid this will be limited to either individual NPCs (as part of the linear plot) or will be nothing more than a random bonus (policeman-anger-strength bonus etc.).

That being said, I don't think we encountered any prostitutes or homeless people on the streets. I don't think Japanese Dojo could combine this down-to-earth subject matter with the vision of pure "Vampire:tM" for modern emo.

ChildInTime

Learned

It will just be a random bonus to stats if you drink from a person with a purple aura instead of a red one. Don't think they'll do too much with it, budget seems tight as it is.

Wesp5

Arcane

Wesp5

Arcane

Wesp5

Arcane
Said it before and I’ll say it again, losing Schaffer is worse than losing Mitsoda.
What I don't understand is how this could happen. Both Mitsoda and Schaffer were nice enough to help me restore stuff for my Unofficial Patch via emails. A pure fan project! How could Paradox not manage to communicate enough to keep them?

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
What I don't understand is how this could happen. Both Mitsoda and Schaffer were nice enough to help me restore stuff for my Unofficial Patch via emails. A pure fan project! How could Paradox not manage to communicate enough to keep them?

Maybe he learned what direction they wanted to take the game in and ran away screaming so his name never gets associated with P H Y R E, the 300-year-old lesbian urban hipster Elder?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
One guy they fired and the other guy is someone they don't want to use for reasons I'm sure are perfectly sensible from where they're standing (maybe it's a timezone thing, maybe it's a money thing, maybe it's his-music-doesn't-fit-the-tone-we're-going-for).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom