Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire: The Masquerade - New York by Night

Jason Liang

Arcane

New coterie is Gangrel, Ventrue, Ravnos and Tzimisce. Animalism much? Also 4 clans that have a lot of bad blood in Eastern Europe.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Don’t give a fuck. Are people making their own vampire-themed ttrpgs yet? It’s basically the perfect time to capitalize on Paradox’s failures. I’m thinking of doing that myself, mostly as a joke.

Vincente

Arbiter

New coterie is Gangrel, Ventrue, Ravnos and Tzimisce. Animalism much? Also 4 clans that have a lot of bad blood in Eastern Europe.

I am confindent in Alex Ward of all people doing justice to the Dragons. Jason Carl is a grand Storyteller. Should be entertaining.

I'm more interested in the three piece suit Gangrel honestly. Also the description mentions the series will focus on two coteries. I hope the second coterie they will tell the story of will be Camarilla, or even better, Sabbat loyalists. Tired of Anarchs now.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Make your own thread for it
Is anybody even interested? I don't want to make a thread about such a niche topic as "OSR urban fantasy" (or whatever you want to call it) only to have nobody post. I've never been able to find urban fantasy ttrpg discussions that aren't about jerking it to WoD.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Make your own thread for it
Is anybody even interested? I don't want to make a thread about such a niche topic as "OSR urban fantasy" (or whatever you want to call it) only to have nobody post. I've never been able to find urban fantasy ttrpg discussions that aren't about jerking it to WoD.
I think what he's hinting at is that you've been a broken record in this thread for quite a while now and people are tired of reading the same talking points from you over and over

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's almost as if threads about things that will never exist are just festering wounds.

PlacidDragon

Educated

I am confindent in Alex Ward of all people doing justice to the Dragons. Jason Carl is a grand Storyteller. Should be entertaining.

Yes, he was brilliant as "Jasper", and here he gets to play a Tzimisce, which should be extremely interesting. Hopefully the show is well produced and actors invested in the story :)

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I think what he's hinting at is that you've been a broken record in this thread for quite a while now and people are tired of reading the same talking points from you over and over
Then he should say it to my face. I'm sorry I've exhausted all my talking points. It's difficult to come up with new material when I feel nothing but contempt and spite for Paradox, their IPs, and their toxic fandom.

Anyway, I've tried to make threads about non-WoD urban fantasy in the past because I long ago got sick of talking about WoD. The thread never comes to anything because nobody in ttrpg fandom cares about non-WoD urban fantasy.

Truth be told, I don't want to be in this thread but I don't have anywhere else to go.

Harthwain

Magister
Then he should say it to my face. I'm sorry I've exhausted all my talking points. It's difficult to come up with new material when I feel nothing but contempt and spite for Paradox, their IPs, and their toxic fandom.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Then how about saying nothing when you yourself know you've nothing new to say? And, to top if off, you have the gall to say you "don't give a fuck" about the actual game, when whining about the same shit time and time again? Seriously? If you keep this up you're going to get on somebody's ignore list and your account is barely 3-month's-old.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
:nocountryforshitposters:

Then how about saying nothing when you yourself know you've nothing new to say? And, to top if off, you have the gall to say you "don't give a fuck" about the actual game, when whining about the same shit time and time again? Seriously? If you keep this up you're going to get on somebody's ignore list and your account is barely 3-month's-old.
I originally posted this in the VTMB2 thread. It's since been moved into a different thread. Sorry for any confusion.

Anyway, you're right. I'll ask around in the ttrpg subforum if anybody is interested in non-WoD urban fantasy. Sorry for bothering you.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Do present your setting. We love homemade settings.
Thank you for the vote of confidence. I make no promises of originality (especially considering that WW products have already covered concepts as diverse as vampire fairies, snakepires, zompires, time traveling vampires, etc).

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Good to see Alex and Carl getting steady employ and exposure
love.png

Vibalist

Arcane
That was pretty good I thought. All four players played their roles well and distinctively. I especially enjoyed the suited up gangrel bro breaking people's arms and threatening barons willy nilly. Jason Carl is a great storyteller.

:thumbsup:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I found Episode 2 underwhelming. Oh well.
I'm reserving judgment until after a few more episodes. I feel like Cynthia Marie and the guest stars (Taliesin, Meer) really carried the first handful of LA by Night episodes, and comparatively NY by Night hasn't had that sparkle. Also just in general I had more affinity for LA through Bloodlines and having lived in LA for a time.

The cast is alright - Alex's "polite" Tzimisce is pretty funny, and the loose cannon Gangrel keeps things interesting - what be pretty dramatic to have a PC get final death'd a few episodes in, although it seems unlikely due to Gangrel being so typically durable. Just that the first 2 episodes have been pretty standard without much intrigue - coterie earns a domain, 90% of chronicles start this way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom