Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

Who's the goddess? Inanna?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Watched some of the hour long stream they did. I really like the idea of choosing between enhancing your skills or preserving the city. The dev's comments about districts turning into deserted hellholes filled with monsters if you kill everyone for XP sounded like a neat mechanic. That said I have way too big of a backlog to buy this (or anything really) day one for full price.

He seems to like the combat. I guess skills could make it somewhat tolerable.

That was my biggest concern and I mean look it's not anything crazy but it is better than I expected and smoother, fun, square is a fast basic attack depending on what you have equipped, such as machetes, hammers and the special weapons that are attached to Triangle offer cool different perks and uses like guns or stakes, along with vampire abilities, its enjoyable.

Circle to dodge, r3 to lock on and switch between targets, square is your standard attack. Combat feels good enough, you generally kill these early game guys in 2-3 hits with a bladed weapon. It's not the best but it's good combat so far, and that's not mentioning your skills you have available

A West End screenshot:

1527845394783-03.jpg

Paul_cz

Arcane
My copy was sent out today, shame it is a PC version so I cannot play it until steam unlocks it. But the 60fps and better experience is worth the wait.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
BTW certain PS4 console peasants are playing already, these filthy PC pirates must wait until official release.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game is on my anticipation list but you guys are really not okay in the head if you think the people who made Life is Strange and Remember Me can create something that remotely resembles VTMB :rpgcodex:

Bloodlines is 50% atmosphere, 100% lore, so we'll see. I asked who's the goddess since they mentioned 'curse of the goddess'. I don't really see Greek or even Egyptian gods being part of the vampire legend so probably something Levantine. Perhaps a local conflict between Yahweh and Astarte? Inanna, Ishtar, Astarte, something along those lines. They are pretty much the same anyway. By the way, they also mentioned taking your place among the bearers of the lance. Longinus?

31024598_1821862914531630_1030448204007258827_o.jpg

33455536_1846605485390706_3411397406867062784_o.jpg

33922812_1849859958398592_1700315168086425600_o.jpg

32637199_1837943029590285_2705907908482170880_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Thoughts from some console peasant:

dude i HAVE the game, trust me

Combat feels a little bit clunky, but it’s ok, Story is great so far, soooo many conversations, you can talk to every single NPC and everyone has its own little story and is connect to other NPCs

It feels more like an Adventure in the first 3 hours wich is great

I don’t want to talk about gameplay mechanics cause i rly don’t want to spoiler anything (i hope i didn’t already)

The game looks nice, not great cause it’s no AAA, it runs with pretty solid 30fps (PS4 pro)

no options for higher fps available btw

ok, so SPOILER, you want it that way :)

The skilltree consists of active & passive skills. There is HP, endurance & blood. Blocking (possible with two-handed weapons), attacking and dodging consume stamina. Blood is used for abilities and can be refilled during the fight by, for example, incapacitating the opponent for a short time and then biting or using the side weapons (scalpel for example) to directly draw blood from the opponent. Blood is also important because you can sacrifice part of it to heal yourself.

I've unlocked three active skills so far, there are melee and ranged attacks. These can be further strengthened.

There are four types of damage and the opponents have different resistances. Melee, ranged (pistols or shotguns), blood attacks and shadow attacks. You can see their resistances next to their HP bar

The game saves every time you distribute points, you can not undo the distribution. By the way, you collect XP while you play and can only distribute it when you go to sleep. There are small hiding places on the map, empty apartments, there you can craft & sleep.

I have only seen one district so far, there is a big HUB with a lot of NPCs, as I said, there alone all dialogues to lead and explore took 1.5 hours. The opponents have different levels depending on the district.

something to exploration: while exploring you will find everywhere doors or gates that are closed, I have found only a key that opened a door for me, there are also closed boxes that can not be opened. In the inventory, every key you find is displayed with a matching description.

So that's it for now, I will not be able to play until tonight, I'm out all day. I'm from Germany and it is 9 o'clock in the morning here ^

for anyone who was afraid because he doesnt know what to expect because it is not an AAA title, if you enjoy openworld-action-rpg-adventure gameplay with a strong focus on great story’s you can buy it without a doubt. It has its own style and its better than i expected

the worldmap seems not that big but it's filled with lovely details, and many areas and secrets to explore. The game has a great atmosphere and the game looks pretty nice imho

it’s worth the money

EDIT: btw, voice acting is high quality especially jonathan

the game gets even better, can’t stop playing cause main story and even all these conversations are so well written and interesting, rly, all these different characters...

it’s definitely the best game from dotnod so far and if you liked Life is Strange than you like Vampyr of course, i can 100% recommend this game

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Thoughts from some console peasant:

dude i HAVE the game, trust me

Combat feels a little bit clunky, but it’s ok, Story is great so far, soooo many conversations, you can talk to every single NPC and everyone has its own little story and is connect to other NPCs

It feels more like an Adventure in the first 3 hours wich is great

I don’t want to talk about gameplay mechanics cause i rly don’t want to spoiler anything (i hope i didn’t already)

The game looks nice, not great cause it’s no AAA, it runs with pretty solid 30fps (PS4 pro)

no options for higher fps available btw

ok, so SPOILER, you want it that way :)

The skilltree consists of active & passive skills. There is HP, endurance & blood. Blocking (possible with two-handed weapons), attacking and dodging consume stamina. Blood is used for abilities and can be refilled during the fight by, for example, incapacitating the opponent for a short time and then biting or using the side weapons (scalpel for example) to directly draw blood from the opponent. Blood is also important because you can sacrifice part of it to heal yourself.

I've unlocked three active skills so far, there are melee and ranged attacks. These can be further strengthened.

There are four types of damage and the opponents have different resistances. Melee, ranged (pistols or shotguns), blood attacks and shadow attacks. You can see their resistances next to their HP bar

The game saves every time you distribute points, you can not undo the distribution. By the way, you collect XP while you play and can only distribute it when you go to sleep. There are small hiding places on the map, empty apartments, there you can craft & sleep.

I have only seen one district so far, there is a big HUB with a lot of NPCs, as I said, there alone all dialogues to lead and explore took 1.5 hours. The opponents have different levels depending on the district.

something to exploration: while exploring you will find everywhere doors or gates that are closed, I have found only a key that opened a door for me, there are also closed boxes that can not be opened. In the inventory, every key you find is displayed with a matching description.

So that's it for now, I will not be able to play until tonight, I'm out all day. I'm from Germany and it is 9 o'clock in the morning here ^

for anyone who was afraid because he doesnt know what to expect because it is not an AAA title, if you enjoy openworld-action-rpg-adventure gameplay with a strong focus on great story’s you can buy it without a doubt. It has its own style and its better than i expected

the worldmap seems not that big but it's filled with lovely details, and many areas and secrets to explore. The game has a great atmosphere and the game looks pretty nice imho

it’s worth the money

EDIT: btw, voice acting is high quality especially jonathan

the game gets even better, can’t stop playing cause main story and even all these conversations are so well written and interesting, rly, all these different characters...

it’s definitely the best game from dotnod so far and if you liked Life is Strange than you like Vampyr of course, i can 100% recommend this game
If the unwashed masses think that the game is good,then there is a good chance that it is shit!

Mikeal

Arcane
Who thought that being forced to play as new member of one clan, when in game world several others exist, was a good idea should be fired. I sensed missed opportunities of replayability.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom