Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Van Buren/FO3 good news

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
on the IPLY boards Josh has confirmed that they are making it as an M-rated game.
I admit to being a little surprised, but pleasantly so

well I for one think this is good news

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Good. Can't get enough of th sex, and swearing. :twisted:

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Good. Can't get enough of th sex, and swearing. :twisted:

of course this true no matter what one is discussing with the possible exception of prison.

Jed

Cipher
Josh seems to be listening to the fans...at least where it doesn't really matter so much. Now if he could only get his head out of real time combat's stinky, swollen ass, he could make some substantial moves toward a FO3 that Might Not Completely Suxor.

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
XJEDX said:
Josh seems to be listening to the fans...at least where it doesn't really matter so much. Now if he could only get his head out of real time combat's stinky, swollen ass, he could make some substantial moves toward a FO3 that Might Not Completely Suxor.

not trying to be an apologist for JE, but I doubt very much that he had any say whatsoever in the decision to include rt. In fact he probably had to fight like hell to get tb in there at all.

also I think the decision to go with an M rating is more than trivial.

edit: because I am a moron

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
Crazy Tuvok said:
XJEDX said:

not trying to be an apologist for JE, but I doubt very much that he had any say whatsoever in the decision to include rt. In fact he probably had to fight like hell to get tb in there at all.

also I think the decision to go with an M rating is more than trivial.

edit: because I am a moron

JE seems to be doing OK with FO3, the RT ombat is the only thing so far that I just think shouldn't be in there, admittedly that's a big thing. But I think he has said that saying to the executives, 'we can only do one combat style', they'd make him do RT. Why, I don't know, seeing as most console RPGs are TB and do very well, as well as ToEE.

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
Mr. Teatime said:
JE seems to be doing OK with FO3, the RT ombat is the only thing so far that I just think shouldn't be in there, admittedly that's a big thing. But I think he has said that saying to the executives, 'we can only do one combat style', they'd make him do RT. Why, I don't know, seeing as most console RPGs are TB and do very well, as well as ToEE.

because execs, no matter the industry or profession are always clueless fucking morons who get a kick out of ruining things for people.
this is especially true if they happen to work at IPLY

Jed

Cipher
Crazy Tuvok said:
because execs, no matter the industry or profession are always clueless fucking morons who get a kick out of ruining things for people.
That's called "synergy."

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Mr. Teatime said:

Well, real time combat didn't save IWD2's sales. In fact, there's many CRPGs out there with real time combat, and many of them don't sell well at all. I think it's about time that more and more publishers decide to get off the whole FEATURE X FROM GAME Y = MEGA MEGA BLING BLING CHA-CHING kick, because people will only keep buying the same thing over and over again before they want something new.

There are a lot of turn based CRPGs in the works commercially right now, ToEE.. Golden Land.. Paradise Cracked..

Spazmo

Erudite
And on that note, I'd love to see some sales figures for Shadows of Undrentide and see if the bad word of mouth NWN has been getting has finally caught up with BioWare. Pretty much everyone admits the OC stinks (although we're still waiting on official retractions from the major publications), and the engine is aging.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
SOU has been a top seller since it came out.

And, there's no need to retract NWN's high reveiws. Not as long as horrible rpgs games like IWD2, MW, DS, and DD have been getting pretty high marks.

Voss

Erudite
Should have punishments for reviewers.

Every outright lie loses a finger...
Glossing over the bad points... forced to eat broken glass
Not finishing the game-- forced to watch a 24 hour marathon of Barney and Friends
Excessive use of hyperbole...crucified outside the publication's offices so that passing gamers can throw darts at him.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I'd watch Friends, though. Even if it was on a 24 hour marathon. The only thing that would kill me would be the ads. Friends is, after all, a 17 minute show with 13 minutes of ads. I hate that.

Anonymous

Force them to watch non-stop tapes of live boyband concerts or something.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Yes there will be a fully viable sex boy path !!!!

Oh no it was actually a fully viable science boy path .

But what about a fully viable learning the postapocalyptic culture path ?

Ehhh ?

Platter

Educated
Exitium said:
I'd watch Friends, though. Even if it was on a 24 hour marathon. The only thing that would kill me would be the ads. Friends is, after all, a 17 minute show with 13 minutes of ads. I hate that.
I assume he meant "Barney and Friends," not "Barney" and "Friends."

Kanthiat

Novice
no, there is only one way to go about this, u must make them go insane by having them study paradox's for 10 hours straight. after then it's pretty much stuck in your head, and you will never find a solution.

Like the one about a man who builds a time travelling machine but then a different man in the future uses the machine to kill its inventor before he invents it. What will happen?

Platter

Educated
Kanthiat said:
Like the one about a man who builds a time travelling machine but then a different man in the future uses the machine to kill its inventor before he invents it. What will happen?
It might create a parallel universe.
Or maybe it's only possible to 'time travel' into the future.
Or maybe time travel is completely impossible.

Think of a better paradox. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom