Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie VAPORUM - Steampunk Dungeon Crawler

Piotrovitz

Savant
Shit just keeps getting better and better, I love this game, maybe even more than LoG2.

The only thing that slightly pisses me off are the sokoban puzzles.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Restarted again on Brutal - Hard was tough, but I want moar.

QQ on melee weaps - should I roll with blades or blunts?

I've finished only 4 lvls so far, but it seems that mechanical mobs are more abundant than organice ones, which makes blunts the way to go.
Does this change later on?

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Blades if you want to dual wield (which you should, shields are shit) as you really need the hit bonus. Get gadgets to 3 for the bonus regen and exp, that will make everything much smoother. Especially since you rely on gadgets for the first levels. The later half of the game is biased towards organic enemies (especially the end boss), so the bleed is not that bad either.

I strongly advise you to max Armorer (heal on CD is amazing) and Blades for the +hit. Other than that, mix and match to your liking. Just keep in mind you need to dance and debuff, you can not tank. So killing shit faster is preferred.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Good advice bro - I'm currently at poisoned halls with DW lithe blade and steel sword, maxed blades and armorer and 3 points in Thauma, since I understand that the extra fumium can grant you extra level in the long run. So far it's a smooth sail, except couple of fights in tight rooms. Probably will invest 3 points in DW to bump my accuracy a bit, though with limb motorics from blades it's not that much of a problem, at least for now.

So far the game if fucking amazing, I'm probably loving it more than LoG2. Planning to do next run with rifles/pistols only.

I like the fact that lots of mobs have AoE attacks, move way faster than in LoG, and due to small spaces, it's hard to do the square dance - it's way more challenging than LoG, where you can do most of the fights without taking any damage.

Piotrovitz

Savant
I was hesitating whether to replay Log2 or first Vaporum and went for the latter - will save Lockdown for later.

This time instead of DW blades I wanna roll with firearms.
QQ - what's more fun, pistols of rifles?

I'd go with rifles, since they have shotgun and high dmg. The only thing that bothers me, is most of them are 2h, so there's no chance of rolling with rifle + shotgun combo. And waiting ~4 seconds for cooldown after each shot is a bit too much

But pistols OTOH deal lesser dmg, but allowa dual wield, and there's this the one with 50% of instant reload, which on paper sounds pretty nice.

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I guess the KKK was that this is a decent title? For five dorra now on Steam and GoG, so slightly intrigued. Kind of expecting to see this in a bundle at some point though.

Eisen

Learned
Is it good or just a shadow compared to old blobbers and gridders(sorry for the retard term)?

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Is it good or just a shadow compared to old blobbers and gridders(sorry for the retard term)?

If you liked Grimrock, you should like this.

I'm talking about the original Vaporum, not Vaporum 2 which can fuck itself with it's retarded encounters and never ending timed puzzles.

Fatberg Slim

Educated
Patron
Gonna buy it then, waiting for a Steam sale(cause i am poor)

It was recently on sale for $5 on GOG so I picked it up. Not as complex or as long as LoG and I lost interest in the "story" fairly quickly, but it was enjoyable while it lasted. It only involves one character and the combat moves quickly as a result. The playstyle reminded me of playing through LoG as the single fast character you are able to play as after winning the game.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Enjoying this so far, I hope LoG2 devs play it and feel bad for that stupid rune clicking idea.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Be interested to hear your opinion on the sequel when you get to it. I loved the first one but couldn't stand the sequel.
Haven't finished the sequel, but it was pretty on par with the original, if not better. Better itemization, better encounter design, some new skill trees, puzzles spanning for more than one level etc. Kinda like what LoG2 was to LoG1.

I've saw many opinions like yours, that first one was better, mainly because of less/easier puzzles. Which is kinda bullshit and not true at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom