Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vic plays Factorio

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Yeah, I lost my enjoyment when I started watching YouTube tutorials for the trains. My base became "not my base". I think it's fine if your base is kind of shit compared to other more experienced players because the fun in Factorio comes from figuring out solutions to your factory's problems.

I'm back to playing it my own way and having a blast again. Still not going to continue updating here because quite frankly, I don't want people telling me what I should be doing or how my solutions may not be optimal because again, that defeats the purpose of playing the game.

If I should play this map long enough to get to a nice SPM rate I'll post a progress report.

Small update:

Factorio-1-1-109-8-8-2024-1-09-18-AM.png

Last edited:
I think the sushi belt loading problem could have been solved more easily through a feedback loop. Simply track everything that comes out of the system over a period of time (would need to be fairly long like 10 mins) and apply that as a penalty to the resources being fed in. So, if copper ore is getting through your entire belt system unused you tell the splitters/inserters to load less copper.

I'm also not sure how his system actually works. I see ores on the belts past the furnaces. Surely the correct way to do it is to calculate the amount of ores your smelters should take, have the ore input be below that, then all ores should be made into plates. Then there's no raw ore on the belts after the initial run through furnaces, which means more belt space for everything else which means less wasted space and time and more efficiency. So I'm not sure what he's doing unless there's some kind of unstated rule to the challenge. And this is exactly what you'd be using his excessively complex system of logic circuits to manage, so that you're not loading more of something than the belts need.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
you tell the splitters/inserters to load less copper.
No filter splitters. IIRC he later went for no filter inserters as well. And no separate loops. Just one big fat belt. And he equally split it on purpose.
Your solution is a good one, but it's against the spirit of his run.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom