Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Vince D. Weller Does Fallout: New Vegas

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Clockwork Knight said:
I was under the impression that the massacre would make people nervous enough to accept him as the new boss, because killing just the king would make people think of it as an assassination, which would make him one of the prime suspects.

And he's estabilished as being paranoid, so taking extreme measures because of something that "might" happen doesn't seem too weird for him.

Drakron said:
They did not ask to join up after being beaten, they died.

...And? That has nothing to do with why Loggy thought hiring an assassin was a good idea, which is what Havoc was joking about. And the BG ones died because BG's PC%NAME kills them outright, while Zevs managed to survive after being beaten.

You can kill him instead of asking him to join if you want, btw.

Wasting HALF of your army to the Darkspawn, so you could rule as a paranoid leader? It doesn't work that way. You NEED that army to fight against an imaginary opponent. I'm sorry but he is dumb and paranoid at the same time.
Even I'm not sure about the paranoid part. He sends only the assasin and tries to kill the only guy who could do something (I mean the baron or whatever he was). Only fucking once. That's a genius move? No. That's a paranoid move? No.
If he was smart, he wouldn't waste his army. If he was paranoid, he would've send other people to kill the only people who know about the shit he did and could stop him and he would make double, no, triple sure that the fucking baron and the bastard child of the king would fucking die.

tl;dr Loghain is stupid as a villian and as a human. If he was supposed to be a genius tactician and the villian of DA, then Bioware failed. He's worse than the Reapers from ME (but not worse than Shadow Broker).

Drakron

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
I was under the impression that the massacre would make people nervous enough to accept him as the new boss, because killing just the king would make people think of it as an assassination, which would make him one of the prime suspects.

Sorry but ...
He downplays the Darkspawn threat as it being a false Blight so nobody gets nervous about it, also he simply put things as "This is how thing are from now on" and even his daughter is suspicious from the start.

In fact it seems he ignores the Darkspawn and focus on putting down the resistance to his rule.

And he's estabilished as being paranoid, so taking extreme measures because of something that "might" happen doesn't seem too weird for him.

How long do you interact with him before the battle? He is not in he Origins segment and we see him about 2 times in the prologue.

He seems more in the lacking of social skills that paranoid to me for most of the game.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I must salute CK for his apparently endless stamina in playing devil's advocate and defending hopeless causes, if for nothing else than it forces Codexers to better articulate their arguments. He truly strengthens as, even if it does make for sometimes painful reading.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom