Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

Martius

Liturgist
So far after few hours Danganronpa on pc seem pretty good. Works without any problem, although there could be option to change voice from english to japanese (or other way around) beyond restarting whole game or chapter or mouse cursor in menu. It still visual novel so its not for everyone, for example it took me around two hours of playtime to unlock first major gameplay moment called "trails".

Last edited:

Red Eye

Learned
Most Codexian game ever

Kuranosuke has reached his 30th birthday, becoming a ‘magician’ (sadly) and ‘celebrating’ with his 2D waifu Kanata. Then a bishoujo who called herself ‘maou’ came out of his monitor! It appeared that he could become the legendary ‘most powerful magician’ who is greatly sought after by the four maou who wished to unite the demon world. In order to become the ‘most powerful magician’, he needed to train his vitality by having lots of sex.

Don't trust her Kuranosuke!

Martius

Liturgist
First screenshots of last Zero Escape.
x8gVRHU.jpg

o2ZxAZG.jpg

f4iXcEl.jpg

BPPIk8s.jpg
Probably these are from vita, I doubt they would manage to make it look that good on 3ds or even new 3.

Also looks like second Danganronpa will come to pc much faster than I would expect. Well, after finishing first one I must say I cant wait for more! Hopefully Another Episode and third mainline game will come up fast too.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Also looks like second Danganronpa will come to pc much faster than I would expect. Well, after finishing first one I must say I cant wait for more! Hopefully Another Episode and third mainline game will come up fast too.
I looked at lets play of that, and it was considerably worse than the previous. They also screwed up one of main characters.

Martius

Liturgist
Really? Its visual novel so I would think its hard to screw it up unless story sucks. I will probably try it anyway, there is one weak character in first one. With something similar in sequel I can live.

flyingjohn

Arcane
I looked at lets play of that, and it was considerably worse than the previous. They also screwed up one of main characters.
Actually i find the sequel much better in every category,especially since there are no Hifumi and Hagakaure type characters.(aka entirely useless and bland)
The only flaw is how much plot elements are recycled from the first game.

Lucky

Arcane
Seems like Seinarukana got delayed again because they were adding more content, which might be ported over PSP content. I've been told the game's got genuinely good combat, so I'm looking forward to it.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Seems like Seinarukana got delayed again because they were adding more content, which might be ported over PSP content. I've been told the game's got genuinely good combat, so I'm looking forward to it.
Frankly go play Eien no Aselia, and get at least two routes. It would be a nice preparation.

Gerrard

Arcane
Most Codexian game ever

Kuranosuke has reached his 30th birthday, becoming a ‘magician’ (sadly) and ‘celebrating’ with his 2D waifu Kanata. Then a bishoujo who called herself ‘maou’ came out of his monitor! It appeared that he could become the legendary ‘most powerful magician’ who is greatly sought after by the four maou who wished to unite the demon world. In order to become the ‘most powerful magician’, he needed to train his vitality by having lots of sex.

Plot twist: they just want to steal your mana.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It has free fan translation, and you should thank them by reading it properly without paying for it. Or you can buy original Japanese version and read it in Japanese if you swing that way.

You tend to pick up a lot of words that are not very useful in everyday conversation, like 恥垢, 亀頭 or 母胎
The worst part about that stuff is Google translate is even unable to translate two of them from english, so if you don't have clue what these english words mean, you are screwed.

Or perhaps English and Japanese languages have words that some other don't.

Last edited:

Red Eye

Learned
There's also the fact that Nitroplus games (and S;G in particular) are hipster games using an awful lot of specialized scientific jargon kanji.

It's way easier to learn from generic nukige or some old PC98 game.

Shitty nukige carried my Japanese learning.

Ruins sex scenes in other games though.

Martius

Liturgist

Looks like Danganronpa 2 will be on steam in little more than a month away - 18 April!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/413420
That's pretty fast, I wonder if we will see Another Episode this year too. Cant wait to try this one without checking out any info about plot. In case of first game I did that since I had no plans of getting vita.

Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist
English trailer

No idea how it compares to 999, for sure looks more intense than VLR. PC version is nice surprise (although I wonder why steam logo is only in Japanese trailer), I guess after both Danganronpa's it was to be expected but I thought Spike will port first two games. Hopefully pc version wont take much time, I would prefer to play it on pc since there wont be physical version for Europe.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Speaking of danganronpa and zero franchise,if anybody is interested there was an article about how the beta of danganronpa called distrust was completely different from what released later:
https://www.unseen64.net/2015/01/19/distrust-danganronpa-beta-psp-psvita/
"On the other hand, the Trust / Distrust would have allowed players to gain the trust or the resentment of other characters. Under this system, different murders and routes would have happened in the game"
Sound familiar?

Martius

Liturgist
There are few possibilities. Since Chunsoft so far released Danganronpa on steam on its own I guess it could be same with Zero Time Dilemma and pc version may be released worldwide on June 30 (3ds/vita versions will be come out on 28 June in Europe and USA). On the other hand since Arksys is publisher for west maybe they made some deal to delay release of steam version outside of Japan.

Red Eye

Learned
I don't get why they call shit chuuni. Just call it Action/Fantasy.

They do realise that using chuuni is about as good as actually advertising your games as weab?

It's a descriptor that will repel as many people as it attracts

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah, in fact they could invent a new advertising term "anti-chuuni" to describe titles in which people won't shout out their attacks and hold long pompous dialogues before battles...

...this would require such title existing in the first place of course qq

TigerKnee

Arcane
Totono had some moments of brilliance but also a whole stretch of being boring as hell and I don't think it became good until the spoiler scene you posted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom