Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Updated my LESS_T_T.txt

AZPr5wY.png

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Going back to the question of "Is Tokyo Babel Chuuni?" I shall return with the answer of "yes, absolutely".

Pretentious might be a better word, but there is a definite layer of chuunibyou in it all.

Also, the writer is oddly interested in characters racial purity.

tokyo_babel_derpaderp.jpg

Also what is with all the pop culture references and 4th wall breaking? Meh.

Red Eye

Learned
Tokyo Babel was a nice read but not a great read. I liked it but Setsuna wasn't too interesting and some of the end routes ended up fairly rushed.

Still worth reading at least once and it does have so nice moments and characters.

Also really made me want to play through SMT again

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Anybody got guide for Tokyo Babel? Just bought it and it seems people are giving reading order recommendation but I can't find the actual guide to get to the routes.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So is it any good? How does it compare against Fate?

Try the demo. I'm not saying it is good, but I decided to give it a try to see what the deal with the protagonist is.

イエスですか?

Anybody got guide for Tokyo Babel? Just bought it and it seems people are giving reading order recommendation but I can't find the actual guide to get to the routes.

I guess you can use google translate on this:
http://seiya-saiga.com/game/propeller/tokyobabel.html

Seems p. straightforward to me.

Red Eye

Learned
Fucking Front Wing is now Kickstarting to localise the fan translation of Sharin no Kuni.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Another all-ages cuck'd release, qq.

Frontwing is going all progressive 'n like, what the fuck is going on?

*Facebook Exclusive!*

We're announcing Frontwing's latest project, right here, before anywhere else! And yes, even Japanese websites!

The title will be "Corona Blossom," and it is planned for digital release on Steam before its physical release in Japan!

https://www.facebook.com/FrontwingI...299420221294/1713767005507868/?type=3&theater

I'm guessing 2ch is/was fuming about gaijin scum getting the game first AND cheaper?

(Also: FUCK SEKAI PROJECT! FUCK SEKAI PROJECT! FUUUUUUUCK SEKAI PROJECT)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
They could just do the same as that one hrpa wdwrpa is doing and provide the adult content as a separate patch/dlc on steam.

1. Sell the game on your own website (you get better cut of the €$)
2. Provide Steam key for the game
3. Provide Steam key for 18+ content patch that isn't for sale on Steam
4. ???
5. Profit

Red Eye

Learned
Another all-ages cuck'd release, qq.

Frontwing is going all progressive 'n like, what the fuck is going on?

*Facebook Exclusive!*

We're announcing Frontwing's latest project, right here, before anywhere else! And yes, even Japanese websites!

The title will be "Corona Blossom," and it is planned for digital release on Steam before its physical release in Japan!

https://www.facebook.com/FrontwingI...299420221294/1713767005507868/?type=3&theater

I'm guessing 2ch is/was fuming about gaijin scum getting the game first AND cheaper?

(Also: FUCK SEKAI PROJECT! FUCK SEKAI PROJECT! FUUUUUUUCK SEKAI PROJECT)

Did you hear about Chrono Clock?

The devs put all the sex scenes outside the routes (though they could still be accessed elsewhere). And the routes ended the moment there was a confession.

All the nips were mad and pretty confused until Chrono Clock was very quickly picked up by Sekai and it became apparent that they had deliberately made the game really easy to butcher for the steam release.

Nips got even more mad and now the developers are backtracking with their next game.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
the fundamental issue, which is that VNs get designed around all-ages release, and if they even deign to have 18+ content, that has to be disposable and neatly separable. You can't have something where the h-scenes are central to the plot as DLC.

Soo, I never am a big VN reader, but most of the VN that I read that is not nukige and/or usual high school drama usually doesn't even have h-scene as a central to the plot. Most would be replaced with a fade black and it would not change anything. So what is exactly the problem with 18+ content as DLC? Or do you have any example where actual plot development happening in a H-scene?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Soo, I never am a big VN reader, but most of the VN that I read that is not nukige and/or usual high school drama usually doesn't even have h-scene as a central to the plot. Most would be replaced with a fade black and it would not change anything. So what is exactly the problem with 18+ content as DLC? Or do you have any example where actual plot development happening in a H-scene?

All the Rance games, Bunny Black etc.

:troll:

but more seriously, yeah often it isn't such a big deal. But in Grisaia for example the sex scenes are quite central to a certain character and their removal thus also radically alters the way you see the character.

The worst offenders are the games where they completely remove the whole sex occurring. I mean, I don't care much if they show the actual sex (unless it is especially creative or funny), but the fact that you remove the entire scene and pretend nothing happens is quite disgusting. Or that you replace sex with something more innocent (Fate/Stay Night). If you write the characters having sex, it should have an impact.

Also, not to forget that it isn't just sex that gets censored in those games.

Red Eye

Learned
wtf is that

Nasu + a literal translator.

TakaJun was a Japanese student when he translated it and while his English is pretty good he didn't phrase things the way a native English speaker would.

Like some terms and phrases make far more sense or don't seem retarded in Japanese.

Gerrard

Arcane
Fate is an interesting example because apart from changing straight up tantric sex to mana dolphins or whatever, the console port had to rewrite Sakura
u wot m8? I read HF with the voice patch and I don't remember there being any scenes missing voices (apart from the sex scenes obviously). It even has the worms CG with their designs changed from literal disembodied penises. It's been years though, so maybe it's just my memory.

Red Eye

Learned
http://prefundia.com/projects/view/sharin-no-kuni-a-japanese-visual-novel-localization-project/9059/

Method of Sale
Our plan is to give players a choice between several different pricing options upon release. However, backers will be rewarded with a digital copy of the Deluxe Edition of the game.

Versions of the game planned for release on Steam:

• Wheel Country, Sunflower Girl [Deluxe Edition]
    (Includes the main game, Sound Mode, and CG Gallery)
  • Wheel Country, Sunflower Girl [Regular Edition]
    (Main game only)
  • Sound Mode DLC pack

• CG Gallery DLC pack
We are providing these different editions so that players can select the one that best suits their needs. Newcomers may prefer the lower-priced Regular Edition, to which they can add DLC later. Players familiar with the game already may prefer to purchase the Deluxe Edition, at a higher price; we'd like to cater to both types of players.

They're actually trying to make people pay for a special deluxe edition just to access the fucking CG Gallery.

I sincerely hope nobody is retarded enough to fall for this.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Dangan Ronpa has been released. In case you want to play it. I kinda dislike they:
Butchered character of one of characters.

Martius

Liturgist
So far I like it, specially Monokuma making fun of first game ending although you could say it spoils major plot twist.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
That is not important, the important thing is that the sex scenes are intact in the Steam version.

Tho no visible genitalia, I guess that is where steam draws the line?

Red Eye

Learned
Mangagamer got gathukan officially rated by the ESRB which is why it is allowed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom