Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

War Thunder : WoP - simmers wet dream

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
new website : http://www.worldofplanesgame.com

The online multiplayer universe we are developing has evolved beyond pure aerial combat. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought with aviation alone—World of Planes is only the beginning.The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder: World of Planes cannot be fought by aviation alone, so the game will also expose players to combat on land and at sea.

Features include:

Varied PvP-experiences set in full-scale combat missions
Multiple settings options allow advanced virtual pilots and beginners to enjoy playing the game together
Rich PvE content: dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay
Impressive diversity includes detailed models of planes and their cockpits, as well as tanks and ships
Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects, and beautiful music

Plane list for beta test starting Q1 2012 :
A20
A5M4
A6M2 Zero
A6m2-N Zero
A6M3 Zero
A6M5 Zero
Arado 234
B-17 E
B-17 E Late
B-17 G
B-24 D
B5N2
Beaufighter 21
Beaufighter MK VIC
BEaufighter MK X
Beaufort MK VIII
BF 109E3
BF 109F4
BF 109F4/trop
BF 109G-2
BF 109-G6
BF 109-k4
BF 110C4
Bleinheim MK IV
Boomeran MK 1
Boomerang MK II
CR 42 Falco
F2A-3
F4F-3
F4F-4
F4U-1
F4U-1d
F6F-3
FW 190 A5
FW 190 D-12
FW 190 F-8
G50 Freccia seria 2
G50 Freccia seria 7a
G4M1
Gladiator MK II
H6k4
HE 111H-16
HE 111H-2
HE 111H-6
HE 162A-2
HS 129B-2
Hurricane MK I
Hurricane MK IIB
I-153p
I-16 type 28
IL-10
IL-2
IL-2m
IL4
JU 87 R2
JU87 B2
JU 87 D3
JU 88A4
KI43 II
KI 61 HEI
KI 61 KO
KI 61 Otsu
LA 5 FN
LA 7
Lagg 3
Lancaster MKIII
MC 200 serie 7
MC 202
ME 163B
ME 262 A1-a
Mosquito MK VI
OS2U-3
P-38G
P39 K
P39 Q-15
P39 Q-5
P-40 E1
P47D thunderbolt
P51D-5
PBY 5 Catalina
PO-2
SBD-3
Spitfire MK 1
Spitfire MK 2
Spitfire MK IX
Spitfire MK VB
Spitfire MK VC
Spitfire MK XVI
Swordwish MK 1
TA 152-h
TBF 1c
Tempest MK V
Wirraway
YAK 1b
YAK 3
Yak 7b
YAK 9t

Locations for first beta:

Mozdok-Malgobek Defensive Operation
Norwegian Fjords
Battles of Khalkhyn Gol
Battle of Guam
Battle of Saipan
Battle of Peleliu
Battle of Stalingrad
Korsun-Shevchenkvovskii
Battle of Britain

Usefull info:

-The game's major battles will be set during the period from 1939 to 1953.

- PC and MAC players will be able to play together

- 150 planes ready for beta

-pvp modes:

Quick Game is a battle with random enemies of comparable skill levels based on scenarios such as aerial domination, capturing airfields, providing assistance in naval battles, defending or destroying enemy bombers, and many more.

• Tournaments are battles with special rules that happen on a schedule, with requirements for all participants.

• Global War is our main mode about which details will be revealed later, but the general idea that a player chooses his side, and each battle is not a random game but a successive line of historically consistent victories and losses that happen dynamicaly, lead your country to victory vs other players online.

• Sandbox mode leaves players free to define rules, limits, and goals on these servers

• Dynamic campaign, user missions, single missions, and quick editor are modes in which players fight against AI, under certain circumstances.

- damage model :

Generally, we tend to stick to logic: one or two well-aimed salvos of machine gun fire, and almost any plane will be doomed. In addition to the overall consistency with historical facts, this gives the game its intensity and drive.

flight model:

The flight model we use is historically accurate as much as possible, so the tactical and technical characteristics of all models will match with their real-world counterparts. We believe that it is much more exciting to pilot realistic planes than fictional ones.

- Size of maps :

we plan to have areas of 200x200 km. We have the technical potential for larger maps and we are ready to make 300x300km locations.

-Will ground forces move in the real-time? Will they be engaged into the battle?

Yes, they will.

-Will it be possible to improve weaponry/engine/entire aircraft? If yes, how realistic will be be?

Yes, as much as possible without conflicting with the game’s principles. A P-39 will remain a P-39, but you’ll be allowed to change its alignment, give it better fuel, as well as load different types of ammunition and hang in some bombs. Perhaps we’ll work in features such as extended ammunition, radios, installation of oxygen equipment, and so on. Players may also get a plane with a worn-out engine that needs to be replaced with a new one; some guns may jam from time to time. Everything is designed according to real life situations on the one hand, and in-game balance on the other.

New screenshots showing the dynamic ground battle on front of 'War Thunder'

screen_Jan19_%208.jpg

screen_Jan19_%205.jpg

And new eye candy screens

screen_Jan19_%207.jpg

screen_Jan19_%2010.jpg

shot%202012.01.18%2023.25.35.jpg

:incline:

Forget about wargamings world of warplanes which will be total shit,

War Thunder : WoP is the real deal.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
because a lot of new info was made and a new name deserves a new thread :M

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
2 new locations announced for beta

Midway and Kuban

Content is already bigger than some retails releases, this game gonna be huge

Fens

Ford of the Llies
those textures make the planes look like cardboard cutouts... cockpits look decent, though

Fens

Ford of the Llies
well... if they (you) advertise the game as detailed with "Astonishing graphics", i expect it to be just that... and the screenshots don't quite deliver

Syril

Liturgist
Queued

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:/:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Spread the word bros, if done right this game will be a major incline.

bonescraper

I tried the beta and i didn't like it. Too much MMO crap for my liking. I'd love to see this as a proper, bullshit free retail game.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
I tried the beta and i didn't like it. Too much MMO crap for my liking. I'd love to see this as a proper, bullshit free retail game.

Bro, would you hand out your account if you don't play it? I applied back a year ago and still didn't receive a key. If yes then pm me, if not well i understand :P.

Also this is World of Planes and not World of Warplanes..... some people tend to mix those up.

bonescraper

Bro, would you hand out your account if you don't play it? I applied back a year ago and still didn't receive a key. If yes then pm me, if not well i understand :p.

Also this is World of Planes and not World of Warplanes..... some people tend to mix those up.
Sorry, but no way. I got in 'cause i own WoP and A:AA. I'm not charitable enough to give you 2 games for free.

I didn't like it and i'd explain why in detail, but i'm afraid the NDA still applies.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Sure, i didn't know you have other games there.

There are gameplay vidoes so idk if they have such a hard NDA ,,,,,, spill some beans man ;)

bonescraper

Those videos are made by some select few fans, who are specifically allowed to make them. It's not like everyone can record some game footage in fraps and post it online. Now, did you see any of the menu or profile screens? Those "leaked" vids sure look nice and pretty, but this game is still a free to play MMO at heart, and it's made to gather as much potential gamers as it can. And that includes casuals, who won't touch anything that requires them to use more than 4 keys and a mouse.

I won't go into specifics, because i don't actually want to see how serious they are about that NDA. But i can tell you one thing. If you're looking for a MMO, wait for it. If you're looking for a nice WW2 flight sim... well, try IL-2 Sturmovik or Wings Of Prey (although it's more arcadey).

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Got my beta, the game is far better than you make it out to be bonescraper. It's a real sim and has the potential to be the best multiplayer flight sim to be ever made, and that says a lot, i think you forgot that closed beta is about 1/3 of content.

Can't wait for the global war.

bonescraper

Yeah, with mouse users having an advantage over the hardcore joystick nerds. It's not a real sim, since it's based on Wings of Prey (but even more streamlined). That alone says a lot. You're riding on hype. Anyway, have fun playing with bots.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Yeah, with mouse users having an advantage over the hardcore joystick nerds.

haha what?

If you play on mouse, the plane will not pull as hard for a blackout, meaning you cannot turn as hard as on joystick. The mouse users are at disadvantage, also in future like in any normal game the players will be able to host servers and choose their own difficulty settings (like having max realism).

It's not a real sim, since it's based on Wings of Prey (but even more streamlined).

I played WoP, and i instantly felt differences in FM and war thunder is more realistic. The FM is even better than il2 sturmovik.

You're riding on hype

What hype? This game and fanbase is so niche that is has no hype. the fuk you talking about ?

Anyway, have fun playing with bots

The game is in closed beta and you talk about flying with bots? :ohwow:

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
I've tried it yesterday. The game is pretty good, even when flying with mouse and keyboard (I don't have proper flight sim equipment). MMO bullshit seems less annoying than in World of Tanks, for example.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I've had a beta invite sitting around for a while but haven't bothered. WoT grind was just too much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom