Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Rhobar121

Scholar
i hope it will add even more based dogmatic bros.
The first two DLC companions are both dogmatic, so I highly doubt they will add even more. Also chances are they make season pass 2 stand alone compaign rather than part of the main one.
Separate campaigns are not as popular as additions to the main story.
There is a reason why the entire first season pass contains additions to the main campaign and not DLCs like From Ashes.
I hope they are smart enough to slow down XP gain starting with whatever Act these DLCs are added to. There is nothing worse then doing hours and hours of combat in last part of the game and XP meaning nothing.
I can tell you right now that it won't happen. Also currently you don't have the option to get max lvl unless you farm random encounters (why would you do that?)

Parabalus

Arcane
What is literally the point of this talent? I can't select it on any character.
h8XCmp5.png
It's a legacy perk from an earlier build when you could play as an unsanctioned psyker. Owlcat never bothered to remove it, they just made the requirements impossible to meet.
I could pick it on non-psychic characters, bit pointless though as it comes really late.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you evacuate people from Rykad Minoris, you get a debuff of some sort (IIRC it was something about friendly psychic powers having a chance not to work on PC and damage him instead), but for me it disappeared sometimes during the second act.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems we won't see a new pathfinder game from their from a long time. They all but confirmed their next game is Warhammer related.
Shestov: Warhammer is so voluminous and multifaceted that stories in it can be told endlessly. We already have an idea of the next story we want to tell the world, but any details on this issue are still premature.
I bet they won't even redo their crappy system in the next game.
Their stories feel the same every time.

Unexpected hero. An organization to run, orders to give to underlings. You "have the option to" give in to demonic possession. High stakes.

* Oh, and companion NPCs who are constantly taking the spotlight from the PC with their overdramatized teen problems. Compared to them the PC lacks characterization.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm watching that LP (Janet on Occasion is the youtuber) and I've reached the part with the combat in the mining pit. There are two things I'm curious about - how does the game rate on shoehorned woke moments (tm), and how much are trash combat encounters a thing?

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I'm watching that LP (Janet on Occasion is the youtuber) and I've reached the part with the combat in the mining pit. There are two things I'm curious about - how does the game rate on shoehorned woke moments (tm), and how much are trash combat encounters a thing?
Definied woke moment.. There's Gay and Lesbian romance , but I didn't found any NPC that was lesbian or gay outside romance, not a single Trans character nor Non binary. Well, if this you what consider "Woke" anyway..

If you want to go further , so far the game doesn't tries to frame Female characters are flawless badass and Male characters as incompetent morons.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Definied woke moment.. There's Gay and Lesbian romance , but I didn't found any NPC that was lesbian or gay outside romance, not a single Trans character nor Non binary. Well, if this you what consider "Woke" anyway..

If you want to go further , so far the game doesn't tries to frame Female characters are flawless badass and Male characters as incompetent morons.
Yeah, I meant those very overt and annoyng inserts of in the vein of "As Marx points out in Das Kapital..." which once littered works on history or literature.

I know that when you have a hammer everything looks like a nail when it comes to looking for woke references, but having no companions comparable to Sosiel for example is quite a step up.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The only woke stuff that comes to mind is that there is a nigga party member (who you can shoot pretty early on). In fact I am hard pressed to remember any other character in the whole game who isnt white, which makes the game much less woke than most of the current Black Library novels. Female characters are very often shown as bad/unstable (Indira, the original von Valancius Rogue Trader, the original governor of Janus, two of the Lord Inquisitor acolytes that you meet, Yrliet, Cassia, Incendia Chorda and I could go on), males are mostly positive/bro-tier dudes (Abelard, Pasqal, Heinrix) or at least shown as competent (the ruler of Footfall, Lord Inquisitor). I would say that the game is in fact remarkably non-woke if not actively anti-woke by the current year standards.

Trash combat happens teh most during warp travell events, though it later can be skipped by spending various resources. The combat can get quite anoying though, as I posted before.

Dayyālu

Arcane

There isn't a lot of SJW crap, much less than Pathfinder (after all, Paizo gonna Paizo). It helps that you shoot most annoying female characters and the only male homosexual is the Dark Eldar, so a vicious deranged sex predator that wants to humiliate you. I'd say the woke stops after Prologue/Footfall (Oooga Booga Psyker, Jae, Strong Female Asian barkeeper) because it's clear that they ran out of time and it was a low priority.

I presume they defaulted to white because no time, and also there are so few characters that get portraits or any characterization at all after Chapter 1/2 that's kind of difficult to pinpoint them. Sadly, we don't get chocolate Eldar.

Vatnik Wumao

Rhobar121

Scholar

Someone probably didn't read the dialogues closely enough because there was much more of it, but still several times less than in the case of their previous games.

It seems that Owlcat needed a whip over the head in the form of GW, because I can't believe that they stopped of their own free will.

Rhobar121

Scholar
h8XCmp5.png
It's a legacy perk from an earlier build when you could play as an unsanctioned psyker. Owlcat never bothered to remove it, they just made the requirements impossible to meet.
I could pick it on non-psychic characters, bit pointless though as it comes really late.
I think that's a bug.
This whole game is a bug.

Parabalus

Arcane
h8XCmp5.png
I think that's a bug.
This whole game is a bug.
Dunno really, here it makes sense given the name, giving psy powers to the powerless.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If they do not decide to fix combat I am going to need to come up a list of talents/abilities I am not allowed to use and also find a Custom difficulty where enemy also does not one shot your characters..

REhorror

Educated
I want a Black Templar Space Marine companion in the next game.
I'm sorry but this Space Wolf dude lame as fuck.

They try to make him humorous and silly, I want grim fucking muhreen.

EDIT: Unironically my Sister Argenta is more of a Space Marine than he is.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope we get a big patch today. I've put my game in mid act 4 on hold until next patch. I've done all side content but for main I am going to wait.
Also I hope we get a bunch of faction reputation somehow, items for Ulfar are spread between 3 factions and all require high rep levels. And I cannot get some colony improvements that give lot of rep due to needing other high rep lol

This system is stupid, I am solely picking colony projects based on which one gives more rep with factions. At same time I've maxed out Imperial Navy before mid Act 4 and I got thousands of reputation worth of cargo for Navy that has no use now.. I wish I could use that now for other 4 factions..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom