Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Realms of Ruin - AoS RTS

I could be totally off here because I don't actually play multi-player, I hate it, and I am older, but regarding that whole discussion previously up thread I sort of get the feeling that younger people THINK they like multi-player way more than they actually do. They demand it in every game, but in reality they don't really enjoy the game aspect of it as much as they believe they do; what they do enjoy though is that it has become how they socialize.

I live with some younger kids, HS age, my nephews and they almost never hang out the way we used to do. They do hang out online playing video games, so they they think multi-player is 'fun' because its partly how they get on w/ their friends, like us older people used to do w/ tying up the house phone all night or just hanging out all the time IRL after school or on the weekends. I was almost always w/ my friends, they are much more rarely and I get the feeling this is normal.

Obviously there will be some exceptions, in that there will be some actually good multi-player games, I just mean in general. Like I said, this is just a feeling I get since I never touch multi-player in games, so maybe I am wrong.

TLDR;

Video game companies are being forced to add multi-player in every game to substitute for kids actually hanging out with each other, despite the fact most multi-player in games actually sort of suck.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The thing is, most games back then also had multiplayer in someways but never forced and seldom the focus. Nowadays most games are multiplayer only and any other kind of campaigns or scenerios are an afterthought.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Way to fix this: drop everything Age of Sigmar out the airlock, travel back in time, assassinate anyone who ever thought it was a good idea (also anyone who gave the orders for DoW3), remaster Dark Omen/SotHR, sequel, rake in money. Do it as campaigns for Warhammer Total War even, instead of screwing that up too.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been playing a bit. The game has two things going for it, the visuals & engine. It looks fantastic with a surprising amount of detail. The actual combat engine, or whatever you want to call it, reminds me of the old Rome Total War engine. Units actually hold a space in the world, so they push each other around, etc. The combat looks and feels great, like for example, if you have 5 vs 5 battle, and one dies on the enemy side, the freed-up guy from your team will then target another enemy, and push his way forward to it. Now suddenly, you have 2 men fighting the one enemy, while the other are still on a 1 vs 1 basis. Impressed by this. HOWEVER. The rest of the game is shit... lol. It plays like some kind of forgotten MOBa, with an annoying amount of micro and endless spawning enemies. Extremely boring.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I decided to take advantage of this anyway and got it from a ...site that I knew would have it for extremely cheap due to Humble Choice. Fix your payment options, Humble Bundle people. I'm planning to only play the campaign, so I doubt I'll run into most of the awfulness. And hey, if they decide to actually fix the game (I'm not holding my breath), I can try PvP too at one point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom