Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #50: Comic Con Presentation - Intro Movie, LA Gameplay Footage

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, May 24, 2014.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

Brian Fargo gave a presentation about Wasteland 2 at the Comic Con convention in London today, which was broadcast live by Resero Network:

The presentation begins with the usual Brian Fargo Kickstarter spiel we've all heard before, but at around 9:30 things start getting more interesting. First of all, we get to see the game's intro movie for the first time. A Kickstarter update released today in honor of the occasion has a standalone version. Have I mentioned that it's live action?

But that's not all. After a short discussion about his design philosophy, at around 18:30 Brian starts showing footage from the game, with an emphasis on vignettes demonstrating the game's reactivity and freedom of choice. There's also a first look at some gameplay from the LA portion of the game. It all lasts for about 20 minutes, and I'd recommend watching it unless you're a complete spoiler-phobe, as it offers a good insight into inXile's design sensibilities.

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  2. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    The post synchrons are terrible. Nice intro otherwise.

^ Top  
  3. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    WHOA! Ace is dead? And I avoided the Early Access so hard.

^ Top  
  4. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    Live action intros are sooooooooo 90s. Therefore it's perfect.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  5. likaq Arcane

likaq
    I love it. I'm glad this is live action and not still images. It's cool and different.

^ Top  
  6. Davaris Australian Game Developers Developer

Davaris
    Like the narrator's voice as well. Well done.

^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Did anybody else notice : "They've been living with the fallout ever since."

:codexisfor:

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  8. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    does it has soul?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
    not if they are high res. it just looks wrong in high res. they should have made a pixely retro 90ies version.

there is a controller chip 13 that looks like the water chip from fallout in highpool and plenty of other references. if anything, the game has too fucking many references...

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  10. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Wait, this was today? In London? Where I'm sitting right now in my brother's flat?

:x

^ Top  
  11. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    I loved the start of the intro, with the old footage... the live action stuff after is nice, but lacks charm.

Also, FIRST question was : "What consoles are this for?" :roll:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  12. MrEvilGuy Educated

MrEvilGuy
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    Wouldn't have done any good, anyway. You need those tickets months in advance.

Fuck, the Globe Theater is sold out months in advance.

^ Top  
  15. Brayko Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    All criticism aside, this is a fine intro.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. VioletShadow Sensate Patron

VioletShadow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Liked the intro, very non-mainstream and the narrator did great.
    :thumbsup:

^ Top  
  17. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I agree. It needs to be "roughed up" around the edges, so to speak. Give it more of an archival look.

^ Top  
  18. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I think the intro could have lived without the quote in the beginning.
    What happens if I want to play as an evil squad of rangers?

^ Top  
  19. VioletShadow Sensate Patron

VioletShadow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It's just Vargas' perspective, not really limiting for the player I think.

^ Top  
  20. corvax Augur

corvax
    Vargas looks horrible, like a 18 year old kid with a painted on mustache. Not a fan of the live footage. Reminds me too much of C&C and Tex Murphy. It does not age well. I love the stock military footage. More of that with some still shots or some type of Fallout-y CGI would have been awesome. Oh, well...

^ Top  
  21. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    You apparently get expelled, wanted dead and sent after, and you can then side with "an enemy" of the rangers, kill the rangers off, and get a unique (premature) ending.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Tolknaz Savant Patron

Tolknaz
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Great intro. By the way, corvax, i used to know a guy who was hairy as a yeti at age 17 and went all grey before 25. That said, the actor playing vargas doesn't look that young at all.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Woah, calm down there... are you saying that C&C, that KANE have aged badly? :obviously:

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  24. Shevek Arcane

Shevek
    Awesome intro. Live action works well. I dont think a slideshow would have worked as well.

*edit

Also, I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the graphics, ui, dialogue system, etc. This is looking pretty great. I had to stop listening when he started doing ending spoilers but, it sounds fantastic.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    ^ Top  
  25. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    totally opposite. with this res it looks like bad B movie

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.