Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #50: Comic Con Presentation - Intro Movie, LA Gameplay Footage

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
A slideshow and a cool narrator is all I need.

dunno lah

Arcane
Narrator sounds like he was doing a Solid Snake impersonation. Nice voice but it should've been a little more...monotonous.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I liked the intro, especially the documentary part with Morgan's ambient. The part with live action is decent too, I'm not that picky about (some people consider it bad/amateur/b-movie etc, I'm not among them)

I also like Fargo's presentation, like the game footage (I didn't touch the game and won't touch it till the release).

And also I liked the moment, when Brian says that some of radio broadcasts will be in Russian and a post-apoc cosplay guy stands up and walks away, he thought "fuck this shit!" or he decided to study Russian right away:lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
1988: Wasteland is programmed at Interplay Productions under the leadership of Alan Pavlish. It is distributed by Electronic Arts for the Apple ][ platform. Wasteland is also released for the Commodore 64 platform. The game is ported to the IBM platform by Michael Quarles in A.D. 1988. (See image of IBM PC edition box cover, right. Image is also a hyperlink to a bigger-sized image of box.) Wasteland becomes the number one best-seller of the year.

Developers of the game pose for a publicity photo. Several versions are out there. Some are below.

Wasteland_developers.jpg
interplay_devs3.jpg

Ken's caption for the middle picture: "In my humble opinion, this is one of the best pictures of me ever taken. I'm the guy wearing the leather vest and the brown fedora. Mike Stackpole, best-selling Star Wars novelist is in the black leather jacket. Alan Pavlish, chief programmer is the red-haired guy with the bandana. It was 110 degrees F. out there on the dry lake bottom that afternoon, and we were all dressed up in twenty pounds of leather and heavy clothing. Those were the days! This picture was taken in 1987." [Source]

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I loved the start of the intro, with the old footage... the live action stuff after is nice, but lacks charm.

Also, FIRST question was : "What consoles are this for?" :roll:

But dont you see, it all makes sense if this is release for tablets, the dialogue system with the buttons, the simplified turned based system... it all makes sense! :d1p:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
It was pretty good for a live action - those look awkward more often than not. This one was fine, great costumes and footage. Synchro could be better - but it's only noticable when Vargas speaks a few times.

norolim

Arcane
I like the intro, but am I the only person, that thinks the narrator tries a little too hard? I mean he is supposed to sound harsh and angry, but I feel it's a bit over the top.
A minor problem, though.

catfood

AGAIN
I liked the image montage but the narrator seemed to try way too hard like others here have mentioned. The script could have been better too. It's not going to be an instant classic but at least it was better than most of the over the top cgi crap out there.

tindrli

Arcane
to tell you the truth bros, i just dont give a fuck about the intro.. i just want 50 or 60 hours of good cRPG. and thats it.

and one more thing. Fargo is mentioning some shit that you could try to dig up the grave, i wonder could the grave be done at night when none is around? aaaand if not, what about that 3 graves on the left

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
and one more thing. Fargo is mentioning some shit that you could try to dig up the grave, i wonder could the grave be done at night when none is around? aaaand if not, what about that 3 graves on the left
You're assuming a day/night cycle and do I have news for you

tindrli

Arcane
You're assuming a day/night cycle and do I have news for you

it doesnt matter if its day or night bro, just a fact that could the grave be duged or not.. on theend...HE mentioned it.. you all saw it.. it was pretty lame introduction and all...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Fargo is mentioning some shit that you could try to dig up the grave, i wonder could the grave be done at night when none is around? aaaand if not, what about that 3 graves on the left
It's a graveyard, so people don't stick around there forever, no, and when there's no one around you can safely dig up Ace's corpse if you so desire. There's other graves in the game you can dig up, to minor or major consequences.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
This is kind of off topic but I would probably commit several major crimes to hear a game narrated by Ian McShane.

tindrli

Arcane
Fargo is mentioning some shit that you could try to dig up the grave, i wonder could the grave be done at night when none is around? aaaand if not, what about that 3 graves on the left
It's a graveyard, so people don't stick around there forever, no, and when there's no one around you can safely dig up Ace's corpse if you so desire. There's other graves in the game you can dig up, to minor or major consequences.

well its good to know.. and those three graves on the left???

Wizfall

Cipher
i dislike the intro, it felt very disjointed and amateurish (the different definition and contrast of each segment).
I would have make everything black and white (and treated/downgraded the HD video part in some way) in order to "glue" everything and increase global coherence.
As it is it lacks the sense of unity a simple slide show would have provided.

Xeon

Augur
From Reddit:
Some of this was filmed during Wasteland Weekend[1] ! Its pretty much a weekend in the desert pretending that apocalypse was real like in the video there. Costumes are manditory. The guy on the radio in the middle is known as The Swede--him and his friends bring a truck with a giant ham radio tower on it and broadcast all weekend asking if anyone has survived the apocalypse. They have a giant map they bring and put pushpins at the places that respond.

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
The narrator sounds like he's mocking the script. No one sounds like that. Other than that, it's really cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom