Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 to use Unity

In business decisions, little things like "titles using x engine" , are pretty important.
Hey, this means that Torque will become very popular next Thursday! :wink-wink:

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
In business decisions, little things like "titles using x engine" , are pretty important.
Hey, this means that Torque will be very popular next Thursday! :wink-wink:

BIG matters, ya know? That's why Troika made games, no one talks about today. They just weren't BIG enough.

Point little Troika out, so BIG koyima from Unity marketing team, can laugh at them.

BIG! BIG! BIG! :roll:

koyima

Educated
Hey, this means that Torque will be very popular next Thursday! :wink-wink:

BIG matters, ya know? That's why Troika made games, no one talks about today. They just weren't BIG enough.

Point little Troika out, so BIG koyima from Unity marketing team, can laugh at them.

BIG! BIG! BIG! :roll:
When deciding which engine to use, a product not developed by you, you have to consider the choices you have: more released titles, means less hurdles, if anybody and everybody can use it to produce a functional game, there is a high probability you will too.

You are comparing Game Companies to Game Engines.:balance:

Really valid comparison. Thumbs up to you for making no sense at all.

Let me ask you this: when they made the graphics for the first Fallout, did they use some unknown never-before used program or did they use 3dsmax, maya, softimage? Did they chose some obscure image editing software made by a couple of guys
with no GUI or did they use Photoshop?

Ah, so now you can see the difference between the size of the team supporting the tool and the size of the team making the game.

Seriously though, were did you learn logic? up-side-down world?

Steam means hardcore?

No. It speaks volumes about quality though.

EG

Nullified
How? Isn't it essentially "Windows 95 Certified" for the post-millenium?

koyima

Educated
How? Isn't it essentially "Windows 95 Certified" for the post-millenium?

No. Games have to pass Valve's quality check. For indies this means certain criteria have to be met. If non of the games made with C4 have passed this, it speaks volumes about their quality,

It's even worse for C4 if it was as you say "Windows 95 Certified", they can't even pull that off in that case.

Seriously though this is so easy... Codex: doesn't scale to your level... Obviously not.

EG

Nullified
It's even worse for C4 if it was as you say "Windows 95 Certified", they can't even pull that off in that case.
Aw. You win. 3 experience points for vanquishing a lesser new-fag.

koyima

Educated
C4 is not some "no-GUI" software. Where did you learn logic, in drama school?
Way to ignore were the metaphor was aimed at. Read again: no-Gui software was compared to Photoshop. The metaphor being that C4 is like that to Unity. :hearnoevil:

koyima

Educated
Anyway got to go, it doesn't seem there are any arguments, never mind good ones.

It probably was all stemming from one guy with half the info, going on about engines and everyone else just chimed in
since they didn't have any info. Else I would have seen some counter arguments like "I don't think Unity can do X, which
is really required in what I fantasize Wasteland 2 will be like"

Truth is a framework is just a framework, as long as there are no show-stoppers, it's up to the devs.

koyima

Educated
Yeah, i got your metaphor, but you derped hard with mine :smug:
(no it's not like that to Unity)
So you are seriously comparing the user experience of C4 to Unity? You be trollin

He doesn't use OUR money, to hire people like you, so that part of the experience is certainly better.
I see you still have difficulty coming up with an argument. Unfortunately there is no pill for that.

People like me: people who use common sense and actual facts to come up with a well founded hypothesis on a subject they are familiar with (game developer - game development)

People like you: people who have half-formed opinions, using data they don't understand to support a decision they can't relate to (gamer - engine choice)

*Loads Unity Pro*
...and only Pro version has that black interface, right? Remember reading something about it in license comparison.
And what's the difference in user experience, just like i've said, C4 is not some no-gui-alpha-version software, and Unity is not really something special at interface. Now Torque 3D has some weird file browser, i'll tell ya.

koyima

Educated
*Loads Unity Pro*
...and only Pro version has that black interface, right? Remember reading something about it in license comparison.
And what's the difference in user experience, just like i've said, C4 is not some no-gui-alpha-version software, and Unity is not really something special at interface. Now Torque 3D has some weird file browser, i'll tell ya.

If you go black....:troll:

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The thing I hate about Unity is their asset server. The way Unity stores your project, code, assets etc. makes it impossible to reliably use it with an arbitrary source control. So no git for you. If you want to use their asset server you must pony up for the pro licence. Otherwise, Unity is a great package for making games.

EG

Nullified
*Loads Unity Pro*

Different tool layout . . . uh . . . ? My infinitely shallow knowledge seems to believe they're rather similar. Will unleash my Prosper and monkey about once I get back from class.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom