Stuff that is better than in Wasteland 2:
- Combat itself
- enemy variety
- Build Variety (much more stuff is possible and viable)
- noncombat skills (no longer just 8 kinds of lockpicking and a lot of skillchecks now have negative results when completed)
- more interesting places
- much better writing and dialogue
- incomparably better pacing
- Story more interesting aswell
- Much better worldmap
90% of that isn't true tho.
Combat has the special attack meter which is nice. And yeah, doing away with percentage checks is a gigantic relief.
But. Enemy and build variety is about the same, places are actually less interesting, writing is comparable, pacing may be a bit better but not "incomparably", story IS better, true, but the world map is way worse and the slow-ass Kodiak travelling through boring and empty world is one of the worst features in W3.