Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Weapon and shield, One two-handed weapon, or dual-wielded weapons?

Weapon and shield, One two-handed weapon, or dual-wielded weapons?

• Total voters

Arulan

Cipher
Dual wielding is just the worst. It often comes off as unhinged power fantasy. Not only that, but even for real-time action RPGs it's rarely anything more than left-click.

My preferences differ greatly by the game. I do really enjoy spears when they're available, but otherwise it has more to do with fitting thematically with my character.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm having a mental breakdown. I literally can't choose between 2H or Sword 'n Board. Can I say...Equally? :-D
Just take a hand and half with a shield and use them as you want, if you're so damned wishy washy about it. :lol:

Bastard swords should be the most powerful weapon in an RPG when you get down to it. If they implement weapon styles it covers: 2 handed, 1 handed, sword & shield, and 1 handed casting. 2 weapons style as well for edgy types.

We need more autism in games really. Then everyone would flock to this weapons, but the autistic developers would start implenting other weapons with benefits. Instead the wrong kind of autism takes over and they go into Sawyer mode with "No, you can't, for reasons".

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'm having a mental breakdown. I literally can't choose between 2H or Sword 'n Board. Can I say...Equally? :-D
Just take a hand and half with a shield and use them as you want, if you're so damned wishy washy about it. :lol:

Bastard swords should be the most powerful weapon in an RPG when you get down to it. If they implement weapon styles it covers: 2 handed, 1 handed, sword & shield, and 1 handed casting. 2 weapons style as well for edgy types.

We need more autism in games really. Then everyone would flock to this weapons, but the autistic developers would start implenting other weapons with benefits. Instead the wrong kind of autism takes over and they go into Sawyer mode with "No, you can't, for reasons".
Zweihander or Two Handed Sword.
That's all I need, baby.

Pocgels

Scholar
If the game is like solasta and people are wearing breastplates with nothing but a shirt underneath and bluejeans, then dual wielding doesn't really bother me.

That said, spear/lance+shield will always take top spot for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom