Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Website Sex Appeal

Boost RPGCodex Sex Appeal(Redesign website)?

• Please give the website more bloom(Redo the website).

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • No, I like the RPGCodex layout as it currently is.

Votes: 82 75.2%
  • (Kingcomrade) Other options go here(Write something below).

Votes: 10 9.2%

• Total voters

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That's kind of cool actually.

Severian Silk

Thanks!

I would like to see some specific criticisms from other web developer type people besides just "OMG SUXORZ!!". For instance font styles, color gradients, border widths, etc.

[edit]

Here's a steel gray version if it is more appealing.

rpgcodex_mockup_04_zpsa00cc494.png

Random

Arcane
Patron
Thanks!

I would like to see some specific criticisms from other web developer type people besides just "OMG SUXORZ!!". For instance font styles, color gradients, border widths, etc.

Your font is shit, Comic Sans or bust. Your color gradients are shit, where's the contrast? Your border widths are all shit, make them all 3 inches. What are you, some kind of amateur?

It seriously looks pretty nice.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Advertisers don't actually like it when you put their ads in big blocks that are labelled advertisement.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Huh... Comic Sans doesn't look half bad. In my completely biased humble opinion.

My only other concern about it is that all the links are slightly too dark and don't contrast enough with the background.

Telengard

Arcane
The layout and colors look fine. Your header needs to speak to the site, though.
1) Stars are happy, bright, shiny things, and bursts represent that. The Codex is not happy.
2) Star bursts are quite often used in sales, and so that is an association people have in their heads. Bursts thus often cue people that they are being sold something, even if they aren't.
3) The lovey troll. The Codex loves no one and nothing. (Well, maybe MHC. But certainly not the general public, and the header is the first interaction the general public has with a site, and thus, in that way, you are currently offering troll love to the general public.)

Fens

Ford of the Llies
aight... critique you say ?

EfVQOj2.png

red -> wasted space and troll stuffed in the upper left corner
yellow -> part of wasted space and lacks the good breakline we have now separating the header from the rest (also boring rounded font on buttons)
blue -> it doesn't work this way, unfortunately
green -> background conflict with the header gfx ... background could work for the rest of the page, though... on the other hand it's just stock

might want to read this thread to see what kind of buttons and separators were discussed before: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/this-is-old-and-tired-we-want-a-new-one.41392/

Severian Silk

red - I can fix the horizontal space, but whoever made the troll images made them too tall, 135x180px. I can't center them.
yellow - I don't agree.
blue - fixed
green - Maybe DU can think of something to go there...

Tweaked version:

rpgcodex_mockup_06_zpsfb2dedd8.png

[edit]

And this:

rpgcodex_mockup_07_zpsd05cca5d.png

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
what bout a version of the mascot with boobies

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The current site layout is great. It's distinctive and pleasing, and not too modern, nor is it hard on the eyes. A new layout is different, and I don't like things that are different.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I kind of like the buttons instead of the bar at the top, but I prefer the current color scheme.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
My newfag 2 cents.

Move text far left and insert troll jpg above

RPG CODEX [troll.jpg]
>doesn't scale to your level

then just one line for the

NEWS CONTENT.......CONTACT buttons.

Zep--

Random

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if the smilies would look like shit with that background color?

Why do you care about the smilies? All they do is make it easier for us to express our emotions without being forced to type them in a clear and refined manner. They're just another symptom of :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom