Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Werewolf CRPG(s)?

DefJam101

Arcane
Why werewolves anyway? Furry.

I dunno, I like them better than Vampires. I tend to like anything better that involves senseless violence, though. Doesn't get as much attention as it should IMHO.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
J1M said:
Now, as far as I know there is nothing as compelling as Cain and the origin myth in Vampire: The Masquerade, but there's enough there for gaia fags.

There's a pnp rpg Werewolf: Apocalypse in the same universe as V:TM.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Hey, how about a game of mafia/werewolf on the codex? I've seen it played on other forums. That would be bloody!

J1M

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
J1M said:
Now, as far as I know there is nothing as compelling as Cain and the origin myth in Vampire: The Masquerade, but there's enough there for gaia fags.

There's a pnp rpg Werewolf: Apocalypse in the same universe as V:TM.
Thank you for the useful information that I INCLUDED IN THE SENTENCE OF MY POST YOU ELECTED NOT TO QUOTE.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
"White wolf has enough lore that you can definately build a whole game on lycanthropes."

'has enough lore so you can build a game' =/= 'has a game'.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Didn't they plan to make a Werewolf: Apocalypse game once back in the nineties? I think it was something about revenge and a murdered grandmother or such. Can't remember if it was going to be an action or rpg game though.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Pussycat669 said:
Didn't they plan to make a Werewolf: Apocalypse game once back in the nineties? I think it was something about revenge and a murdered grandmother or such. Can't remember if it was going to be an action or rpg game though.
It was meant to be an action game. The demise of this project was probably for the best.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
sportforredneck said:
Jasede said:
You were attracted to your sisters? Didn't you grow up together? When brother and sister grow up together they develop a natural sexual antiphathy.
She's not my blood sister. She was actually my friend for some time, and I was attracted to her. But later I figured out after being rejected 10,000 times, that we actually act like brother and sister. So we decided to become brother and sister, since she is an only child, and my real sister is a rotten whore.

Shit dude, grow some balls and nail the bitch. This way you'll always be the 'frustrated friend whom she'll tell her boyfriend woes to. In the end either she'll grow bored of giving you blue balls or you'll snap and you will lose her anyway. And if she seriously doesn't like you that way, find another one that does. Yeah, I'm old.

J1M

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
"White wolf has enough lore that you can definately build a whole game on lycanthropes."

'has enough lore so you can build a game' =/= 'has a game'.
White Wolf = PnP RPG company. Hmm, I wonder what all that lore is for? Maybe a fucking PnP RPG?

Let me save you some trouble and reply to your next post right here. This thread is about CRPGs. The C stands for computer. You didn't mention a CRPG, you just mentioned PnP which falls on the left side of your boolean expression up there. Hence, you only provided information that I included in my initial post, faggot.

J1M

Arcane
Trash said:
sportforredneck said:
Jasede said:
You were attracted to your sisters? Didn't you grow up together? When brother and sister grow up together they develop a natural sexual antiphathy.
She's not my blood sister. She was actually my friend for some time, and I was attracted to her. But later I figured out after being rejected 10,000 times, that we actually act like brother and sister. So we decided to become brother and sister, since she is an only child, and my real sister is a rotten whore.

Shit dude, grow some balls and nail the bitch. This way you'll always be the 'frustrated friend whom she'll tell her boyfriend woes to. In the end either she'll grow bored of giving you blue balls or you'll snap and you will lose her anyway. And if she seriously doesn't like you that way, find another one that does. Yeah, I'm old.
Hey, we agree about something! Yay.

Seriously though, girls using guys is not cool. If she insists you are just friends pressure her to set you up with her hot friends. If she won't do it for [lame excuse] ask her if that's because she likes you. If she says no, tell her you don't like being her backup plan and cut off contact for a while. Ignoring women is one of the best ways to make them like you. (EDIT: Don't TELL them you are going to do this. The why is what bugs them.)

FrancoTAU

Cipher
You can also play Altered Beast for a werewolf platformer.

Also, sport should dump his chick friend. She's just using you for the attention until she finds a boyfriend.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So according to your logickz, adding additional lore to a universe automatically makes it a pnp rpg.

Uh-huh.

Thanks for the info, I never knew that Warhammer fantasy roleplay suddenly became two separate games when new stuff was introduced in official expansions.

Lore =/= game. Lore means stuff that's currently inside the universe. If lore itself would stand for a pnp rpg, the aforementioned WFRP would have to be separated into countless subsystems with vampires, dragons, chaos etc.

Your initial post basically stated that White Wolf has a lot of stuff about lycanthropy, which can mean that for example the V:TM system has a very advanced backstory behind not only vampires but also werewolves. Nowhere did you say that there's such a thing as Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

so gtfo.

J1M

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
So according to your logickz, adding additional lore to a universe automatically makes it a pnp rpg.

Uh-huh.

Thanks for the info, I never knew that Warhammer fantasy roleplay suddenly became two separate games when new stuff was introduced in official expansions.

Lore =/= game. Lore means stuff that's currently inside the universe. If lore itself would stand for a pnp rpg, the aforementioned WFRP would have to be separated into countless subsystems with vampires, dragons, chaos etc.

Your initial post basically stated that White Wolf has a lot of stuff about lycanthropy, which can mean that for example the V:TM system has a very advanced backstory behind not only vampires but also werewolves. Nowhere did you say that there's such a thing as Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

so gtfo.
I already responded to this exact post above. In short, Game = CRPG in this thread. You are talking about PnP. That would be lore for a CRPG.

If we use your logic me talking about playing werewolf themed tic-tac-toe would be a "hot tip" for the OP.

Trash said:
I have a girlfriend now, so it doesn't really matter. And it is one of her friends, though she didn't set me up with her.

Texas Red

Whiner
That's one awful relationship. While she blabbers on about her boyfriend, you concentrate on holding your member down. A real man would ditch her or rape her.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
sportforredneck said:
Trash said:
I have a girlfriend now, so it doesn't really matter. And it is one of her friends, though she didn't set me up with her.

You sir, managed to turn a bad situation around to your advantage. Now first her best friend, then her sister and finally her mum. AMIRITE? :Salute.

Dark Individual said:
That's one awful relationship. While she blabbers on about her boyfriend, you concentrate on holding your member down. A real man would ditch her or rape her.
She doesn't have a boyfriend. She's never dated. And probably won't for a year or two, my guess.

Trash said:
You sir, managed to turn a bad situation around to your advantage. Now first her best friend, then her sister and finally her mum. AMIRITE? :Salute.
Well she doesn't have a sister, and her mother, although an incredibly nice lady, is not that attractive.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
sportforredneck said:
Trash said:
Well she doesn't have a sister, and her mother, although an incredibly nice lady, is not that attractive.

It's not about attractiveness, there's much more to that!

All these years of learning the ways of asshole-fu on the Codex and you still haven't learned anything...?

Darth Roxor said:
It's not about attractiveness, there's much more to that!

All these years of learning the ways of asshole-fu on the Codex and you still haven't learned anything...?
True. I'm sorry. I shall make you proud Codex, especially our lord and savior Trash!

Fez

Erudite
sqeecoo said:
Hey, how about a game of mafia/werewolf on the codex? I've seen it played on other forums. That would be bloody!

You'd be better starting a new thread if you want to try that, rather than have it buried in here.

Fez said:
sqeecoo said:

You'd be better starting a new tread if you want to try that, rather than have it buried in here.
How dare you. This thread can be saved. Do it faggots.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
I think this thread combines about three different flavors of retarded that are unique to this place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom