Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Ryzer

Arcane
Bought an adaptator to play on the Gamecube on my TV. The console is 20 years old, and still works like a charm.

Don't care about PS2, all games were mostly shit on it and the good ones are superior on PC meanwhile the gamecube is pure fun. Smash bros melee, Mario Sunshine, Zelda wind waker, Zelda Ocarina of time superior edition, Metroid Prime 1-2, etc...

Also it has Mario Sunshine featuring a JETPACK and platforming with the JETPACK, so maybe Darth Roxor you should try it.

Back when Nintendo was making good games with challenge.

Last edited:

The Decline

Arcane
I was playing Helldivers 2, but that's now a no go due to the recent BS Sony is pulling. Going to have to figure out what I want to play now.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
And just to satisfy my morbid curiosity, I started Halo 4.

- The first two levels we fight kurwenant again, and I begin to wonder how much longer I can keep repeating the jackal tango of shoot in the hand, shoot in the head, before I go insane. Incidentally, Halo 2 introduced the gayest change ever by stopping overcharged plasma shots from disabling jackass shields.
- The new enemies are fire-spitting cyberdogs, flying shits and reskinned teleporting elites.
- New guns are reskinned human guns that are even worse and which sound like waterguns.
- In standard nu vidya manner Cortana just can't fucking shut up about everything that happens on the screen, also she now has buckteeth that could rival Bugs Bunny.

054%20-%20Psyduck%20%5B01%5D.png

Yeah, I'm done with this series for real now.

Blutwurstritter

Learned

- The first two levels we fight kurwenant again, and I begin to wonder how much longer I can keep repeating the jackal tango of shoot in the hand, shoot in the head, before I go insane. Incidentally, Halo 2 introduced the gayest change ever by stopping overcharged plasma shots from disabling jackass shields.
- The new enemies are fire-spitting cyberdogs, flying shits and reskinned teleporting elites.
- New guns are reskinned human guns that are even worse and which sound like waterguns.
- In standard nu vidya manner Cortana just can't fucking shut up about everything that happens on the screen, also she now has buckteeth that could rival Bugs Bunny.

I think a certain someone dumped Wisdom on character creation.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Quite possibly Int, too...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

What can I say, since I'd already downloaded the stupid master chief collection, there was no harm in at least looking at it.

But now that I'm done with it, I can finally proceed to Ashes 2063, which I've had my eyes on for a while.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Replaying arkham city for kicks now that there's a mod to let you play in Bruce Wayne mode. I notice these days I got zero interest in playing as any dude wearing a mask or hood unless I can mod that out. Getting more barbarian as I age, I guess.

axx

Savant
Finished Oxenfree. A supernatural thriller that's really a teenage drama. It's short (cca 4 h) so play it in one go otherwise you'll soon forget what the dull story's about.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Replaying arkham city for kicks now that there's a mod to let you play in Bruce Wayne mode. I notice these days I got zero interest in playing as any dude wearing a mask or hood unless I can mod that out. Getting more barbarian as I age, I guess.
What happens to his gadgets? Does he shoot his grappling hook from his zipper or something?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ASSES 2063 is pretty good. Puts pretender shitgames like Ion Fury to total shame.

I also like how this was made by an autist who decided guns need different reload animations when reloaded from 0 and >0 ammo counts.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Kinda burned out of FPS and want to play something different, Halo: CE playthrough is on hold for now.
Never played any warhammer fantasy tabletop in my life but i have been quite enjoying SOVL as of late. It's a pretty neat WHFB-like game which you can download for free on steam.
Already played it some time ago but the dev introduced a bunch of new stuff since the last time i played.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Progress in Banjo Kazooie:

Treasure Trove Cove: 100/100 notes, 10/10 jigsaw pieces
Mumbo's Mountain: 100/100 notes, 10/10 jigsaw pieces
Clanker's Cavern: 100/100 notes, 10/10 jigsaw pieces
Bubblegloop Swamp: 100/100 notes, 10/10 jigsaw pieces
Freezeezy Peak: 100/100 notes, 9/10 jigsaw pieces
Gobi's Valley: 100/100 notes, 8/10 jigsaw pieces
Gruntilda's Lair: 7/10 jigsaw pieces

So there is still Click Clock Wood, Mad Monster Mansion (where I'm headed now) and that dock level with the ship left. What's weird is that I remember the dock level coming before Monster Mansion. I remember Click Clock Wood being last. The puzzle that opens the door to the dock level must be hiding from me somewhere in the lair.

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Against my better judgement I decided to replay Deus Ex: Invisible War.
And what do you know, it's nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be.
Yes, the decline in overall quality from the original and monumental Deus Ex is very noticeable, but it is still pretty decent.
Being designed for the console really killed its potential for greatness.
Anyway, gameplay has been dumbed down, with the worst offender being the "Universal Ammo"...
There's also the loading screens, smaller maps, the absolutely dumb stealth system that just doesn't seem to want to work properly, augmentations have also been gutted and are now "biomods", I like the regeneration and speed biomods, along with the black market one that allows you to hack security terminals and disable/control cameras and turrets.
Now I'm in the Cairo hub.
Not exactly a cyberpunk location, huh?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What happens to his gadgets? Does he shoot his grappling hook from his zipper or something?
Nope just pulls it out of his pockets like the Bat.

Learned
Reinstalled Unreal Tournament 2004 with some custom maps and there's so much to explore. I'll always be mad at the idiots for canceling the new one. And still playing D2R and Guild Wars 2 occasionally.

It's so sad and disappointing because it's such a simplified letdown compared to the original AND in some ways it's still so much better than most of the drivel available.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Reinstalled Unreal Tournament 2004 with some custom maps and there's so much to explore. I'll always be mad at the idiots for canceling the new one. And still playing D2R and Guild Wars 2 occasionally.

It's so sad and disappointing because it's such a simplified letdown compared to the original AND in some ways it's still so much better than most of the drivel available.
Yeah, I'll play Deus Ex: Invisible War over any of the stuff coming out nowadays no problem.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Ever heard of or played Neighbours from Hell?
A funny little game, I'm playing it for old times sake.
Neighbors_from_Hell_Coverart.png
I've seen a lot of praise for this game, but I've never actually seen much about the game itself beyond it being a puzzle game. Could you explain?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I've seen a lot of praise for this game, but I've never actually seen much about the game itself beyond it being a puzzle game. Could you explain?
It's a comedy puzzle game.
You have to pull some tricks on your fat neighbour (for example dropping a wet soap on the floor so that he'll trip and fall). Each mission has a number of tricks. If you perform several in quick succession you gain a +3 bonus to your total score which can be 100 if you also complete all tricks. There's also a timer on each mission.
You CANNOT be in the same room as he is, otherwise he will catch you, kick your ass and you will fail the mission. He also has pets in the later Season 2 and 3 missions. You have to sneak past them, else they will alert him and he'll quickly come to check out what's going on. You can also just run past them if you want to risk it, but be aware of the neighbour's routine...
Play it yourself, it's pretty hilarious.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Nevermind, finished.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
You have to pull some tricks on your fat neighbour (for example dropping a wet soap on the floor so that he'll trip and fall). Each mission has a number of tricks. If you perform several in quick succession you gain a +3 bonus to your total score which can be 100 if you also complete all tricks. There's also a timer on each mission.
You CANNOT be in the same room as he is, otherwise he will catch you, kick your ass and you will fail the mission. He also has pets in the later Season 2 and 3 missions. You have to sneak past them, else they will alert him and he'll quickly come to check out what's going on. You can also just run past them if you want to risk it, but be aware of the neighbour's routine...
There is also sequel where instead of trying to ruin his laundry day or something you're out to get him on his vacation. Later levels has you dealing with his mom too.
These games used to be fairly popular from what i remember. They even spawned a few imitators but i don't know anything about them.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
There is also sequel where instead of trying to ruin his laundry day or something you're out to get him on his vacation. Later levels has you dealing with his mom too.
These games used to be fairly popular from what i remember. They even spawned a few imitators but i don't know anything about them.
Never played the second game.
Is it as good as the original?

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Never played the second game.
Is it as good as the original?
It's good too. Most notable differences are the aforementioned mom, 4 or so distinct locations compared to one house, a mini-game when trying to perform tricky actions and a life system(being seen by neighbor or his mom is not an instant game over).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom