Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game has a boss every player should experience (without spoilers)

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I was thinking about Demon's souls and how many of it's bosses are interesting experiences. Even if they're not the most complex or deep bosses, they're still interesting to encounter and see how they move or how you have to fight them. Games are ultimately things we do for the experience so I got curious and wondered what others games have bosses that other posters here would consider must see. Without spoiling the actual boss experience what games do you think have bosses everyone should experience and why is it a must-experience.

The bosses should be something you interact with as the player beyond watching animations. As cool as JRPG bosses can look, there's little you experience fighting a 2D sprite and seeing it's animations play out. I've played many games just to see the monster gallery but I wouldn't recommend a game like FF7 to see mecha scorpion, while I would recommend Secret of Mana for Spiky Tiger being a colossal faggot. Something like FF8 with it's early boss escape/chase would be something I would consider a worth while experience despite it using the same core mechanics as the FF7 example. The experience is something pretty interesting and memorable many years later.
this coulda been a nice thread but you just had to bring up souls shit

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Morrowind - Gaenor.
A Bosmer faggot who does nothing but ask people for outrageous sums of money and relies purely on his crazy Luck to get him through the day.
Seriously, just go to Mournhold and see for yourself, but be prepared!

Speaking of Morrowind, I liked the encounter with that battle weary orc that is looking for someone to kill him in combat and grant him an honourable death. He's wielding a cool unique two-handed sword.
YES!
The Umbra sword.
A really cool encounter.
Recently granted him an honorable death in melee combat.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
41mopiicie89noqadvkhchu834mj62glseyf0mnmt5hablk5vyfz6ewjuagwdnnu.jpg

I'm serious.
A lot of people don't talk about FPS bosses, but many are really cool.
Speaking of Wolfenstein, I like Heinrich better, even though he goes down rather easily...
Hexen also has great bosses, culminating with Korax.
Some other RPG bosses I forgot to mention: Darth Malak (Kotor), Sarevok, Jon Irenicus, The Ravager, Demogorgon (all from Baldur's Gate).
Dagoth Ur, Almalexia, Hircine's Aspect of Guile.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Morrowind - Gaenor.
A Bosmer faggot who does nothing but ask people for outrageous sums of money and relies purely on his crazy Luck to get him through the day.
The last time I played, I got this fucker by casting a damage strength spell on him so he stayed rooted in place and couldn't get into melee range. I didn't even kill him, just left him standing in Mournhold forever. A fate worse than death, but still better than what he deserved.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Morrowind - Gaenor.
The last time I played, I got this fucker by casting a damage strength spell on him so he stayed rooted in place and couldn't get into melee range. I didn't even kill him, just left him standing in Mournhold forever. A fate worse than death, but still better than what he deserved.
I'm surprised you managed to get the spell working on him in the first place. He has Spell Reflect active on him, good thing he didn't reflect it back at you!

Zlaja

Arcane
Facing Dracula at the end of numerous Castlevania games is an epic experience. This one is extra spicy:

castlevania-sotn-06.webp

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom