Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What happened to Kalin

I guess the worst thing about this from kalin's perspective is that he won't be able to see shoutbox at all, so he can't just sit there and read it with teary eyes like Maxie .

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Let me make this clear: Infinitron did indeed post his real name (first and last name, if I'm not mistaken) on a certain site that I won't mention. He did this a long time ago -- years ago -- and, as far as I know, he's not necessarily embarrassed or even worried about it.

However, to reiterate, just because that's true, if he tells you to stop referring to him by that previously-publicly-revealed name, even though some may think that common sense dictates "you revealed it yourself, I'm going to repeat it," or if DU tells you to stop doing it, you have no choice unless you're okay with flirting with a ban.

You may not think that's fair, but the precedent has already been set here and that's the way it is. With personal things, be it a name or a pic, if someone In Charge™ here tells you to stop posting it, you'd better stop.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
How did Kalin got Infinitron pic and name in the first place?
Most likely Tovi posted it himself but now regrets it. Typical.
I oppose doxing, just like I oppose cold calling. Sharing personal information in one instance does not give permission to share it on.
Firstly, if Infinitron himself shared it that's on him and there is no doxing. Secondly, it's just a name, there are literally thousand's of Tovi's in the world, info like this gives nothing, especially on as obscure forum as this one. He's just petty and butthurt or maybe even paranoid if he thinks it somehow endangers him.

However, to reiterate, just because that's true, if he tells you to stop referring to him by that previously-publicly-revealed name, even though some may think that common sense dictates "you revealed it yourself, I'm going to repeat it," or if DU tells you to stop doing it, you have no choice unless you're okay with flirting with a ban.
In other words you're saying RPG Codex has become second NeoGaf.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Is Infinitron paid to spam the site with "news" about mega-corporate shitgames? Or is it an autism case like Licorice spamming about China/ HHR spamming about gays and vaccines?
Either way he took away my buttons just for rating a dozen or so of his posts shit!:argh:And now banning a SMAC bro mid PBEM... though we only really need email for that.

What does this butthurt jewboy add to the site anyway? The other way he used to shit up the place was by threadsplitting perfectly good Codexian discussions to keep them "on topic" - the topic being the latest garbage shat out by the pigdog capitalists.
I should be made a member of the moderation team and tasked with deleting the most egregious 50% of his dogshit "game news" spam.

Also Infinitron..... U GON DIE!
…………………...„„-~^^~„-„„_
………………„-^*'' : : „'' : : : : *-„
…………..„-* : : :„„--/ : : : : : : : '\
…………./ : : „-* . .| : : : : : : : : '|
……….../ : „-* . . . | : : : : : : : : |
………...\„-* . . . . .| : : : : : : : :'|
……….../ . . . . . . '| : : : : : : : : |
……..../ . . . . . . . .'\ : : : : : : : |
……../ . . . . . . . . . .\ : : : : : :: |
……./ . . . . . . . . . . . '\ : : : : : /
….../ . . . . . . . . . . . . . *-„„„„-*'
….'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . '|
…/ . . . . . . . ./ . . . . . . .|
../ . . . . . . . .'/ . . . . . . .'|
./ . . . . . . . . / . . . . . . .'|
'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . \ . . . . . . . . . .|
'| . . . . . . \„_^- „ . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . . . . .'\ .\ ./ '/ . |
| .\ . . . . . . . . . \ .'' / . '|
| . . . . . . . . . . / .'/ . . .|
| . . . . . . .| . . / ./ ./ . .|

saeci

Arcane
Let me make this clear: Infinitron did indeed post his real name (first and last name, if I'm not mistaken) on a certain site that I won't mention. He did this a long time ago -- years ago -- and, as far as I know, he's not necessarily embarrassed or even worried about it.

You may not think that's fair, but the precedent has already been set here and that's the way it is. With personal things, be it a name or a pic, if someone In Charge™ here tells you to stop posting it, you'd better stop.

He had his full name on steam not that long ago

A horse of course

Shame this """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""rule""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" wasn't applied to Dicksmoker when Codex was harassing him.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
That's a good point, Ed, and one that is fair to make.

Dicksmoker's situation got out of hand (and out of Codex' control) very rapidly. It unfortunately resulted in some real-world repercussions that could and should have been avoided.

I think we -- Codex -- learned our lesson from his example and I doubt that kind of situation is ever going to happen here again.

But it sure was damned funny.

Corvinus

Arcane
In other words you're saying RPG Codex has become second NeoGaf.

It's a slippery slope isn't it? While limited when compared to other sites, 'unwanted' Codexers are gotten rid of or muted all the same. Cassidy, Liberal and Maxie are noteable examples.

By the way, here's some publicly available information about the perpetrator, who obviously isn't a good guy - as he is a literal decline enabler through being a paid presskit whore. Not to mention an author of horrible fan fiction. Take a look.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I remember somebody was making fun of my 2020 join date and Kalin told them that "Ontopoly isn't so bad." Made me feel so special having this larger than life figure stand up for me. I'm going to miss the guy. It won't be the same without him
Ontopoly isn't so bad! As a matter of fact, he's almost alright!

There. Some kind words from larger than life, legendary Codexer, Lagole Gon.

Codex Year of the Donut
Well, let me consult the rules...

4.2. Personal Details: There has been a recent rise in requests for admins to delete threads, usually after some moron has posted personal details about their sex life and only just discovered that the internet is not private - and that with a bit of googling and some basic information, anyone can be found. Where once we would have told you "too bad. Crime can't be undone. And your stupidity can't be either. It is not our job to clean up after you", we are instead drawing a line in the sand here. As such, if you post the real names, images, address or other details of anyone (be they a member of this forum or not) without their permission, we will remove it if it's been requested we do so, or if we think it crosses a line. This includes instances where we have had requests from non-members who have found images and other details of themselves posted on the Codex - in the case of such requests, those details will be removed.

:avatard:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Secondly, it's just a name, there are literally thousand's of Tovi's in the world, info like this gives nothing
The site you linked has a picture of him, and if you open the webpage source and look at the picture's url, it's got his full na

863a1c0469b928e9f01a246c3c7842aa.gif

A horse of course

I always find it hilarious that Infinitron, of all people, was the guy that really pissed the rape modder off.

Repressed Homosexual
The difference, similarly to what happened with Maxiepicgate, is that Infinitron told him (Kalin) quite clearly in Shoutbox that he needed to stop referring to him by his real first name. Infinitron even stated he was thinking of banning him for it.

Pro Tip: If you don't want to be banned from an obscure computer roleplaying game website that takes an INCREDIBLE amount of stupidity to actually get banned from, don't do incredibly stupid things like continuing to refer to that site's administrator by his first name when said administrator warns you to knock it off.

P.S. My 'cuck' rating stat should skyrocket after this post but that's okay; I'm still your friendly neighborhood Sheriff

One of the rare cases I have to agree with Crispy, even though he and Infinitron are usually overbearing in regards to moderation.

How hard can it be not to harass people? You wouldn't want it done to you. So stop being creepy.

Maxie

How did Kalin got Infinitron pic and name in the first place?
Most likely Tovi posted it himself but now regrets it. Typical.
I oppose doxing, just like I oppose cold calling. Sharing personal information in one instance does not give permission to share it on.
Firstly, if Infinitron himself shared it that's on him and there is no doxing. Secondly, it's just a name, there are literally thousand's of Tovi's in the world, info like this gives nothing, especially on as obscure forum as this one. He's just petty and butthurt or maybe even paranoid if he thinks it somehow endangers him.
this limp dick post-factum rhetoric is what makes me dislike internet tough guys the most
yeah there are so many ppl called the same i totally mean someone else when i babble about infinitron in the same sentence

you trying to lawyer your way out of being a dumb fucking idiot - doesn't work though
own up to being a dumb fucking idiot, be a man

Corvinus

Arcane
My real name isn't a big secret. Similarly, we've all seen Corvinus' mom naked, but that doesn't mean you should be posting pics of her everywhere. That's just rude. Keep your shitposting in GD and Shoutbox where it belongs.

That bit deep, didn't it? What were you thinking when you wrote that piece of fan fiction? I mean seriously - it's so terrible I can only force myself to read small sections of it at a time.

Infinitron Dragon said:
The Main Alien Ship
The Guardian is sitting with a bunch of goblins, planning his invasion.
Guardian: Soon, Britannia shall be mine!
Goblins: Yes Master!
Guardian: I shall slay the Avatar with my bare behind and fill their land with my putrid, disgusting smells.
Guardian: I expect the Britannians shall try to fight back with their puny dragons. But we will crush them! Our gases shall fill their world with pestilence! Our droppings shall make their world reek of dead fish and rotten tomatos! Our bared armpits shall make the them puke in disgust! Come, let us fill this world with our sacred stench!
Guardian: Stop saying that!
Guardian: Are you stupid?
Guardian: When's the last time you ate magenta-colored chocolate?
Guardian: Are you ever going to say something else?
Goblins: No Master!
Guardian: It's so hard to find good hordes these days...
That's the end of the first day! Stay tuned for the second smelly, idiotic, wonderful episode of Virtuousness Day!!! Infinitron Dragon - out!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom