Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

what mods I need for VTM: Bloodlines?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
anything beyond the unofficial patch? don't need stupid fanmade content tbqh

Sòren

Arcane
played with pop's difficulty mod which was pretty nice...until the final kuei jin boss that was painful :shredder:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wesp patch is essential.

I was gonna try the Clan Quest Pack for my next run - I think the link is in the revisiting Vampire: Bloodlines thread. Looks cool - diablerie and all that. Faq mentions the Wesp patch is packaged, but you might want to check the version, because that Wesp guy keeps updating like a real life trooper.

Zenith

Arbiter
Typical issues and their solutions when running 1.0/1.2 without UP:

Nothing happens on launch
- Caused by MS update that disabled SafeDisc DRM support
- To turn it back on:
Win+R, cmd
sc config secdrv start= demand
sc start secdrv​
- To turn it off again once you're done with the game:
sc stop secdrv
sc config secdrv start= disabled​
- On Win10 this won't work since the service is gone for good, you're gonna have to find a noCD

Engine Error "Available memory less than 15MB!!!"
- Caused by the game expecting 2GB of RAM or less
- To limit available RAM:
Win+R, msconfig
"Boot"
"Advanced options"
tick "Maximum memory", 2048​
- Alternatively, it's possible to patch the game for RAM compatibility, but can have side effects with texture resolution (including UI, so you'll know if it happens)

Application error: "Failed to find Steam."
- Caused by running Steam version without the client
- Run it through the client or get a noCD

On launch: "vampire.exe has stopped working"
- Caused by running Steam version through the client
- Add a "non-Steam game" shortcut to vampire.exe within the Steam client, then run the game through that instead

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Clan quest mod vs Camarrilla vs UP+?

Play with UP+ only? or play with a combination of it and one of the other mods?

Also, any graphical update mods?

EverlastingLove

Learned
Clan quest mod vs Camarrilla vs UP+?

Play with UP+ only? or play with a combination of it and one of the other mods?

Also, any graphical update mods?

UP+ can be fun if you already completed the game, preferably more than once.
I prefer Clan Quest Mod though, it now has a new hub area and some of those clan quests are really good.
You play with UP+ or CQM iirc because some of the changes made by those mods can interact with each other and mess up the game.

For the first playthrough just go with basic UP.

laclongquan

Arcane
You dont even need that much extra mods.

For eyecandy effect, you can change the command line to lead your character (with respective outfit) to use other body models. Like you play as a Gangrel female but showing Malk body, for example.

Semiurge

Cipher
I was gonna try the Clan Quest Pack for my next run

'Tis a mod of ill repute. The author's been labeled a fascist and a nazi symphatizer because the mod contains "problematic" quests, packs of rape-hungry, ebonics shouting street thugs that the player must deal with, and a prostitute that will give you freebies as a reward if you save her from rapists. You know, things
you might encounter on your night out in any metropolis. Out of sight, out of mind. :D

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
'Tis a mod of ill repute. The author's been labeled a fascist and a nazi symphatizer because the mod contains "problematic" quests, packs of rape-hungry, ebonics shouting street thugs that the player must deal with, and a prostitute that will give you freebies as a reward if you save her from rapists. You know, things
you might encounter on your night out in any metropolis. Out of sight, out of mind. :D
You just love necroing old threads, don't you?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was gonna try the Clan Quest Pack for my next run

I played it on my last run and it was awful. Though not because of the "problematic" content, but mainly because of the writing, the long drawn out areas filled with nothing (I didn't realize they actually added an area) and because every other modder thinks that because they can add voice acting to a mod, they should.

It was worse than that Drizzt mod from back in the day - and that guy was so cringy, I think he added a song that sounded like "If We Hold On Together" that Diana Ross sang in the Disney cartoon: The Land Before time.

Semiurge

Cipher
You just love necroing old threads, don't you?

'Tis just so quiet here despite the quarantine.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Retarded GoG version comes pre-modded with one of the worst mods ever made.

Also, Bloodlines is an edgy popamole for hipsters. One of the dumbest fanbases ever, second only to Morrowind.

Semiurge

Cipher
Retarded GoG version comes pre-modded with one of the worst mods ever made.

Also, Bloodlines is an edgy popamole for hipsters. One of the dumbest fanbases ever, second only to Morrowind.

AFAIK GOG included the 1.2 vanilla .exe.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
the mod made by troika goes along well with wesp's game

Troika's Source engine mod goes well with itself, without mods.

Anyway, so glad I have all Renaissance-era RPGs of note in original optical media form, self-ISO'd. Can never trust the cucks at GoG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom