Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What things do you want to get fixed in The Witcher 2?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, since many of you are probably busy playing TW2, I assume there are lots of things in the game that you want to have fixed. What are these? We should stick to reality, there won't be a complete revamp of the UI or the combat system. But there are things that can be fixed, added in a patch or maybe in an enhanced edition (ala TW1).

As for me:
- a bit more responsive controls
- a chest or a place at the inn where I can store my junk
- able to use other gamepads, not just the Xbox360 one :x (at least my Logitech rumblepad 2 doesn't work).

Angthoron

Arcane
Control remapping, quickload button, shadows, slower drain of Vitality when blocking.

Data4

Arcane
This isn't really a bug, as it's an issue with the engine, so I doubt it could be fixed. I'm a little disappointed that the engine was overhyped. I was expecting it to be more open and with jumping ability. Granted, it's more open than the Aurora engine, but there are still places where, for example, you can't step over an ankle-sized rock because it's not part of the pre-defined path. To read and listen to everything that was written and said, I was expecting more of a Gothic/Risen/TES openness. As it stands, the Red Engine is like Aurora+.

Obviously, this has nothing to do with graphics, as they're gorgeous.

Something that I think MIGHT be fixable via patch is the need to open a door again to follow an NPC through after they've opened it. That's getting a little annoying.

Exmit

Scholar
I'm waiting on ati fix from ati and 4:3 patch - not playing till i have those 2.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
People bitching about openness is weird. TW2 was never advertised as an open-world/sandbox game. Ever.

Anyway, more responsive controls would be fantastic.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've just finished my first playthrough and noticed a fair few.
  • the betting range for ALL poker dice players is 5-10 orens
  • any dice that fall off of the board are lost (or just appear so?)
  • "insta kill" cutscenes appear to move you to another location for its duration; It might've just been my imagination but I think I received damage from attacking foes too. Frankly I'd like the option to skip them outright.
    I don't really mind but this is absolutely lethal in the mist outside Vergan.
  • The dream projector in the harpy lair; the dreams are jittery and sound updates are sporadic, causing very noticeable and annoying stutter.
  • Music and environmental sound simply disappear after extended play or reloading.

The remainder I've noticed (and can currently remember) were simple graphical oddities, such as people approaching me through a wall when initiating a cutscene, or hovering in the air briefly whilst using a door and engreda eggs not being affected by fog.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hirato said:
[*] any dice that fall off of the board are lost (or just appear so?)
Manual warns about being careful when casting the dice, because they might fall off board, so it's a "feature" rather than a bug.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The occasional scripting error or even crash, lack of storage place, handling of doors are so far the things that bug me and that are solvable through a mere patch.

Gerrard

Arcane
Make enemies more aggressive.

Nerf the quen and yrden signs.
Told you they shouldn't have dicked around with the signs. They were supposed to be simple spells, not god mode.

All dialogues move you around, particularly annoying in Henselt's camp, where you end up standing in a fire.

MMXI

Arcane
From my extensive testing I've discovered that the turn-based combat is broken. It seems the bug triggers during the first millisecond after starting a new game and, statistically, occurs 100% of the time. What the bug seems to do is trigger turn changes every millisecond causing the game to play like a real-time action game. The strange thing is that the bug also occurs after loading afflicted saved games. In other words, I have yet to experience the turn-based combat.

I'll have to ask for my money back from TPB.

:troll:

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
WHY YES I THINK THE WITCHER SHOULD GET FIXED

OH SNAP, HE'S ALREADY IMPOTENT

/wittier

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Finally recieved my pre-order. Now I can't install the dlc. Not to mention that it took about four tries to activate it. Oh dear, not the best of all starts when the pirated version works without problems.

Anyway, managed to activate it. DLC won't work but thankfully the official version also happily takes the pirated Troll dlc.

Online activation is satan. So yeah, I'd like to see it fixed.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
-Saving scheme: naming,overwriting, quickload...
-Blocking: it's useless.
-Stealth sections: Cover is glitched as fuck.
-NPC conversations: Lots of bugs here, they talk while sleeping, with other npcs that aren't around...
Hirato said:
[*] "insta kill" cutscenes appear to move you to another location for its duration; It might've just been my imagination but I think I received damage from attacking foes too. Frankly I'd like the option to skip them outright.
This is so fucking annoying.I was fighting 5 scoia'tael in the forest, stunned one with Aard, executed him...and ended up surrounded by the remaining elves, who proceeded to gangbang me.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
How the blocking is Useless, when properly situated you can fight a few oponents without rolling, with right perk you can even land deadly ripostes. What is realy pissing me off (aside from RT combat) is the lack of storing chest, in all RPG games (as in RL) I love to collect books, arms and armors, sadly here I just sell or even throw them away. The game playing second time on Ioweth path seems to be more baggy too. The location and quest are more intresting though I woud never guess that picking the side of emo look I'm rebel elf coud be so rewarding, It woud be nice to have a choice to back the Prince Penis or Joanne D'Arc/Henselt or rebels on the start of chapter.

made

Arcane
Commissar Draco said:
What is realy pissing me off (aside from RT combat) is the lack of storing chest, in all RPG games (as in RL) I love to collect books, arms and armors, sadly here I just sell or even throw them away.
You can use the mod that lets you carry unlimited stuff until they patch in the storage chest.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Commissar Draco said:
How the blocking is Useless, when properly situated you can fight a few oponents without rolling, with right perk you can even land deadly ripostes.
It's useless because of the vigor cost. Unless you REALLY hate rolling there is no reason to block when you can use Quen or Yrden. Sure, you can get some talents that makes blocking less shitty, but even without any improvement those signs are much better than blocking.

MapMan

Arcane
- How you can interact with shit. I often miss the spot and need to walk few times by it to get it right.
- Sometimes I attack an enemy that is standing in front of me and I somehow miss anyway, no damage done.

Also: There is button remapping, its in the configurator tool.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
J_C said:
So, since many of you are probably busy playing TW2, I assume there are lots of things in the game that you want to have fixed. What are these? We should stick to reality, there won't be a complete revamp of the UI or the combat system. But there are things that can be fixed, added in a patch or maybe in an enhanced edition (ala TW1).

As for me:
- a bit more responsive controls
- a chest or a place at the inn where I can store my junk
- able to use other gamepads, not just the Xbox360 one :x (at least my Logitech rumblepad 2 doesn't work).

As for me THIS BLOODY BUG|!!! :x:

Mrowak said:
Well, I've just encountered a game-breaking bug. It happened in chapter 2 in Vernon Roche's path

Basically I can't finalise the encounter with Adam Pangratt and Dethmold. I kill everyone during the fight, no problem. The thing is, after Pangratt falls a great deal of nothing happens. Basically I am trapped within magical barrier with Dethmold sitting like a cow behind it. Apparently a cutscene fails to trigger.

Nothing helps. I fought using only signs and bombs thinking this was because of the sword insta-kill feat, I let Roche do all the fighting for me, I even reloaded much earlier save. Same encounter, same bug.
Needless to say I am pissed off :x

Hence, I have a favour to ask of you dear Codexers. Below I provide the link to my saves just before the battle. Could you test it for me, if the shit is save based or anything? If anyone of you manages to complete the battle without the bug using this save, could you post the save just after it? I would give my monthly share of KodexKoolKredits if someone did that.

TWitcher2.zip - 2.2 Mb

Gerrard

Arcane
I had this bug not long ago, I thought it was because of the insta-kill effect. Had to replay like 4 times before it worked right.

You might try leaving the mage for last, though it will be a pain.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Strange I got no bugs untill playing the second chapter and more so on Scoiatel path, now I have CTD every hour or so WTF! Safe often, in this encounter Mrowak you shud have cut scene with some (minor choice) after defeating you know who, the wizard escapes anyway.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm a bit choked that it has no sound at all with the G35 Logitech headset. Apparently they're going to patch that down the road, but not in the patch for next week.

To be fair, this is more of a case where Logitech should issue a new driver for their hardware. I'm more annoyed at them than anything.

Anyway, because of that, I haven't really started it other than to check out the opening dialogue a bit. I can play it through my speakers and sound card, but with the language, I'd rather not have the kids overhear anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom