Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What would you want the next Troika game to be ?

What do you think that the next Troika game will be ?

• A Fallout clone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arcanum 2

• A Diablo 2 clone

• A science fiction RPG

• Something entirelly different.

• I dont know.

• I dont know and i don't care. Troika games suck.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
What would you want the next Troika game to be ?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
There's two of them. Tim Cain is working on a high fantasy RPG with turn based combat. Jason is working on a Sci-Fi RPG with real time combat.

Dan

Liturgist
I would be happy with any turn-based, non combat orientad CRPG with a strong story line. Preferably not high fantasy.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I'd be more happy if the Sci-Fi one was the turn based one and the fantasy one was the real time one. :)

That would be the WIN for me. Oh well, if it has the Tim Cain goodness Fallout had, then I'm looking forward to the game. I can't say I'm looking forward to the Sci-Fi one though, simply because projectiles in real time is annoying at best.

Deathy

Liturgist
Yeah, watching your guys automatically killing things was good. Too bad it wasn't very interactive.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
It had that, "Hah! Hah! I'm glad I left that guy sitting there on aggressive so he could waste those raiders while I was getting a sandwich" mojo working for it.

VasikkA

Liturgist
At least that's better than herding your over-active and/or dumb NPCs and stopping them from killing themselves. :wink:
But seriously, there's enough people wanting rather to play TB than real-time, or CTB if you're uncapable of thinking in hexes.

Dan

Liturgist
The Fallout tactics battles for me were quite different.

"Oh no, not ANOTHER building. Will this game never end?"

By the way, I never finsihed the game. I still have that mission 16 save file somewhere...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
VasikkA said:
At least that's better than herding your over-active and/or dumb NPCs and stopping them from killing themselves. :wink:
But seriously, there's enough people wanting rather to play TB than real-time, or CTB if you're uncapable of thinking in hexes.

You know what I think would have made FO:Tactics a decent game? If they tried to emulate the tabletop wargame much like Fallout tried to emulate pen and paper roleplaying.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I played up up through Mission 9 the first time. Uninstalled. About a year later, I tried again and got to Mission 17 before it bored me to tears. I played it in turn based the second time, which actually seems to help until you notice that turn based wasn't tested at ALL.

VasikkA

Liturgist
Well, I actually battled through the whole game. I remember what an disappointent it was, at the time I played it I thought it was part of the official Fallout story and that made me mad. The ending wasn't too special. I never re-played to see the alternative endings. Single-play was boring and too long, never played it online. :?

This is getting off-topic, enough of FOT.

Balor

Arcane
Hey, he's roleplaying a necromancer!
Let's play along: pretend we are zombies and tear him apart?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Yeah, and in the process reminded me of people I haven't seen post around here for some time... What's happened to chrisbeddoes, Constipated Craprunne, Dan and Deathy?

Balor

Arcane
On the other hand, it may to be a very good idea: zombies suppose to eat brains, how we are going to find brains in HIS head? Not to mention that cracking his skull will take ages and a diamond saw.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Role-Player said:
Yeah, and in the process reminded me of people I haven't seen post around here for some time... What's happened to chrisbeddoes, Constipated Craprunne, Dan and Deathy?
Deathy lurks on IRC with us still (but as Pimpkernel).

He's kinda involved with TC as well.
He posts on occasion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom