Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's codex's opinion on PS3's Demon's Souls?

Is Demon's Souls

• Brilliant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Average

• Sucks

• The Suck

• Total voters

CrimHead

Scholar
I haven't played it. No money for a ps3. Would love to though.

1eyedking said:
It's from Japan.

Thus, shit.

The Katana.

Argument=invalid.

:smug:

halasterbc

Novice
Woah...i've noticed some pc faggotry here... What do u think about MOVE? Will you be able to EMULATE THAT, BITCH?

lol of course i'm just kidding. this forum is awesome. no more console garbage in codex from me. :salute:

hehe i'm new to codex and didn't know it's pc only, so apologies. i registered here last year looking for storm of zehir talk, but i've only really checked the forum yesterday. i'm not a console gamer and it's been months since i last played my ps3. i actually didn't even have in mind it was a ps3 exclusive title when i posted here. I'm basically always bored and looking for anything that at least resembles d&d in any form and my taste for games don't go much far from that, unless it's something like deus ex or some military fps.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
halasterbc said:
Woah...i've noticed some pc faggotry here... What do u think about MOVE? Will you be able to EMULATE THAT, BITCH?

lol of course i'm just kidding. this forum is awesome. no more console garbage in codex from me. :salute:

hehe i'm new to codex and didn't know it's pc only, so apologies. i registered here last year looking for storm of zehir talk, but i've only really checked the forum yesterday. i'm not a console gamer and it's been months since i last played my ps3. i actually didn't even have in mind it was a ps3 exclusive title when i posted here. I'm basically always bored and looking for anything that at least resembles d&d in any form and my taste for games don't go much far from that, unless it's something like deus ex or some military fps.

We've had a few threads on the game before featuring slightly less one-dimensional feedback, you just happened to get unlucky and draw in the drone crowd.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... ight=souls

Achilles

Arcane
An official opinion thread... for a console game. Gentlemen, we've hit rock bottom. ITZ is obviously minutes away.

halasterbc

Novice
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
halasterbc said:

We've had a few threads on the game before featuring slightly less one-dimensional feedback, you just happened to get unlucky and draw in the drone crowd.

I've tried the search engine yesterday, but i don't think it was working properly. seems to be working now as i just tested and the links have lots of information. tyvm.

Felix

Arcane
What Overweight Manatee said, the difficulty is overrated as fuck.

I don't like its atmosphere :M

Nihilism

Educated
Felix said:
What Overweight Manatee said, the difficulty is overrated as fuck.

Considering games are designed with the intent to be easy nowadays, I disagree.

Felix said:

Iif you don't think 3-1 was awesome then you are simply a horrible person. 5-2 and 5-3 were also excellent (in ways that make you never want to do those levels again). A few were weak but the shear variety and overall uniqueness is a glimmer of hope in an age when every game has you going down the same gray and brown corridors for every level.

Felix

Arcane
It's just a game so no lol. To be hones I always have this mindset games are polygons, models, sprites on screen and can't get rid of it so things like atmosphere don't do much for me.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Secretninja said:
Oh look, a thread where the codex bashes a game it has never played.

I agree with everything the fat seacow said, except the part about the atmosphere. It is not really good, it is excellent. One of the best games I have ever played in that respect.

Some of the bosses seem to be designed to kill a certain way, and can be a pain in the ass with a lot of builds. Archer builds are op for most situations.

Multiplayer is pretty fun. Nothing quite rewarding as invading someone elses game and killing them right before the boss.

Pretty much this. Though I'm a little more enthusiastic about it. I think it's the best thing released on console since Ninja Gaiden Black.

As mentioned, if nothing else play it for the atmosphere. Play it at night with the lights out and with a good set of headphones - desolate, lonely, chilling, eerie all spring to mind. Try to play it without grinding souls too much, or else it can get repetitive and you'll make things too easy. It definately can be tough (and awesome) your first time through each area.

I'll reiterate also that most of the haters here don't even know what game your talking about let alone have played it - they just see PS3 and :x

Radisshu

Prophet
Alexandros said:
An official opinion thread... for a console game. Gentlemen, we've hit rock bottom. ITZ is obviously minutes away.

WTF? You like AP, you fucking hypocrite.

Radisshu

Prophet
Jaesun said:
Radisshu said:
Alexandros said:

Demon's Soul has no PC version honey.

Yes, but AP plays exactly like a console game ported to the PC, so it loses any PC prestige it could've had.

Silellak

Cipher
Radisshu said:
Jaesun said:
Radisshu said:
Alexandros said:

Demon's Soul has no PC version honey.

Yes, but AP plays exactly like a console game ported to the PC, so it loses any PC prestige it could've had.
This.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom