Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's codex's opinion on PS3's Demon's Souls?

Is Demon's Souls

• Brilliant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Average

• Sucks

• The Suck

• Total voters

halasterbc

Novice
I've never played it, and judging some youtube videos and critical acclaim i still don't get much what the game is all about, other than beeing a hard (for losing all your soul points if you die) original rpg ( for using soul points to buy new armor/weapon and getting new level). If you played it, what's your opinion and what are the good/bad things about it?

KalosKagathos

Learned
1eyedking said:
It's from Japan.

Thus, shit.
It's worse than that: it doesn't even have a faggy weeaboo art style and is masquerading as a western game in a cunning attempt to appeal to non-wapanese ordinary humans. The enemy is dangerous indeed.

One of the best recent console games, but winning that competition is about as hard as beating up a quadriplegic so it doesn't exactly mean much.

Atmosphere is really good, actual combat is decent. Bosses are visually impressive but actually fighting them isn't too entertaining. Difficulty isn't that hard, consoletards are just pussies that can't stand losing 5 minute of game time because they died.

Black

Arcane
Let's see, op registered in 2009, game is by japs and on a console...
Am I missing anything?

Secretninja

Cipher
Oh look, a thread where the codex bashes a game it has never played.

I agree with everything the fat seacow said, except the part about the atmosphere. It is not really good, it is excellent. One of the best games I have ever played in that respect.

Some of the bosses seem to be designed to kill a certain way, and can be a pain in the ass with a lot of builds. Archer builds are op for most situations.

Multiplayer is pretty fun. Nothing quite rewarding as invading someone elses game and killing them right before the boss.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It is a great game and haters gonna hate.

06haters.jpg

Mackerel

Augur
I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it when I play it on an emulator in a few years.

halasterbc

Novice
Overweight Manatee said:
One of the best recent console games, but winning that competition is about as hard as beating up a quadriplegic so it doesn't exactly mean much.

Atmosphere is really good, actual combat is decent. Bosses are visually impressive but actually fighting them isn't too entertaining. Difficulty isn't that hard, consoletards are just pussies that can't stand losing 5 minute of game time because they died.

lol. yeah i kinda imagined the same. gameplay seems repetitive and boring. so i guess there's nothing else to the game that makes it unique and fun as ppl say. as someone else pointed above, controls look awlful too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom