Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's Obsidian up to now?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Jaesun said:
Now there is only 1 more project at Obsidian, that Sawyer is working on. I hope it's Icewind Dale III...
Be careful what you wish for...

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
meh, I for one hope the SP game will sell buckets and earn good reputation (ie. being able to make a popular game) and put the new credits and credibility to good use ie. iwd3 or whatever would excite us codexers and other real crpg fans.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Admiral jimbob said:
If New Vegas didn't get them over that "need2earn good rep before we make good game pls" hurdle, nothing will.
The only rep NV game gave them, is that they make buggy games. Just look at the mainstream sites, when you mention Obsidian, all you get is "TROLOLOLO, Obsidian makes buggy games, look at New Vegas!" And yes, this is sad, because NV was a great game.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Admiral jimbob said:
If New Vegas didn't get them over that "need2earn good rep before we make good game pls" hurdle, nothing will.
And they managed to make a great RPG too while doing that.

Hmm...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"If New Vegas didn't get them over that "need2earn good rep before we make good game pls" hurdle, nothing will."

They also made 2 shit bombs in AP and DS3. They've had publishers publically trahs them in public and refuse tow ork with them again. Have had a very public cancellation.

It gonna take more than one above average game tog et them out of that shit hole espciailly since FO:LV didn't sell because Obsidian mad eit aesome but ebcause it's the sequel to FO3 made by Bethdesashit.

Peter

Arcane
Volourn said:
It gonna take more than one above average game tog et them out of that shit hole espciailly since FO:LV didn't sell because Obsidian mad eit aesome but ebcause it's the sequel to FO3 made by Bethdesashit.

Sadly true. 90% of NV fans probably think it was developed by Bethesda and couldn't care less about the quality questing, writing etc.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
New Vegas didn't sell? I'd say 5 million copies sold within a month of its release qualifies as a big hit.

Turisas said:
New Vegas didn't sell? I'd say 5 million copies sold within a month of its release qualifies as a big hit.

I don't think he's saying that.

Volourn said:
since FO:LV didn't sell because Obsidian mad eit aesome but ebcause it's the sequel to FO3 made by Bethdesashit.

He's saying a large part of its success is due to its relation to FO3, and that people were still hyped up from that.

IOW, Bob from Obsidian's accounting department could have programmed a Flash game called Fallout Stories:The Adventures of Moira and it would have sold well.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"New Vegas didn't sell? I'd say 5 million copies sold within a month of its release qualifies as a big hit."

You are fukkin' idiot.

P.S. I hope you understood that very simple sentence. :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Bored at 2am and you gave me a reason to call a Codexer an iidot so I can go to sleep with a smile on my face. Thank you for that. :)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Volourn said:
Bored at 2am and you gave me a reason to call a Codexer an iidot so I can go to sleep with a smile on my face. Thank you for that. :)

For some reason, I find this very arousing. Post nudes plx?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Try fapping."

reading the Codex *is* fapping.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom