Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Whats the name of an old flight sim arcade

Kainan

Learned
It was set in a kind of alternative New York.
It was old maybe early 2000s.
There was a red plane on the cover or in screenshots.

cocorulverde

Educated
Crimson Skies ?

612MNXD4S9L._AC_.jpg

Kwota

Augur
It's very good - arcade sky pirate adventure set in alt history states, Nathan Zachary is a great main character.

Xbox only "Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge" was pretty good also.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
This is but one example of what makes Codex so great.

We can all be fighting one another like hell, calling each other faggots until we're blue in the face, non-stop, but then someone comes in and asks about an obscure game not even in the RPG genre and the fighting halts, someone answers correctly, everyone else nods in agreement, then the fighting commences undaunted.

Bravo.

Kainan

Learned
I will play it as soon as i get home. It seems intriguing. And it had a high score in some magazine.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Back when Microsoft still made good games. And good operating systems.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Crimson skies was really fun, I played MP back in the day. Have no idea how it would hold up now after 20 years.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Its a pity no one came back to this setting after all those years, I hoped someone will eventually make a TBS/management game where you run a pirate crew or something like that (they could just use the rules from the board game). The flightsim itself was pretty ace in any case.

Gibson

Learned
bumping this thread:

any modern games took the Crimson Skies as inspiration?
somebody made a remake or something that scratches the same itch?

10/10 would play that shit again right now

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It can't be Crimson Skies, you said it was old.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom