Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's this hidden code in all news links?

Juju Zombie

Novice
Whenever a news item links to a GOG store, I see this code in the link: pp=cb4e5208b4cd87268b208e49452ed6e89a68e0b8

<a href="https://af.gog.com/game/encased_a_scifi_postapocalyptic_rpg?as=1649904300" target="_blank" class="externalLink" rel="nofollow">GOG</a>

It's always the same so I guess it's an affiliate code and someone's earning money / benefits from GOG this way.
Why is that not communicated anywhere? Seems shady

Last edited by a moderator:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The funny thing would be if the jew set it up silently, bypassing DU entirely and to pocket all that money.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Whenever a news item links to a GOG store, I see this code in the link: pp=cb4e5208b4cd87268b208e49452ed6e89a68e0b8

<a href="https://af.gog.com/game/encased_a_scifi_postapocalyptic_rpg?as=1649904300" target="_blank" class="externalLink" rel="nofollow">GOG</a>

It's always the same so I guess it's an affiliate code and someone's earning money / benefits from GOG this way.
Why is that not communicated anywhere? Seems shady

Congrats, after 15 years, you found us out. Never mind that the GOG button on every page has the same affiliate tag.

Last edited:
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
4d6.gif

A horse of course

It's not just GoG/Steam links. A lot of outbound links go through viglink because DU is human filth who steals our private details and doesn't even share the profits with the jannies. Greedy little shit.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It's not just GoG/Steam links. A lot of outbound links go through viglink because DU is human filth who steals our private details and doesn't even share the profits with the jannies. Greedy little shit.

There's no Steam affiliation, actually. Gaben doesn't like to share those fat profits. Also, apparently he now hates barbers and hairdressers with the same passion as Ed Greenwood. You could do a story on that. Incidentally, VigLink affiliation brought in exactly $5.84 to date this year. Really not sure what I'm going to spend those riches on.

If we're the one's generating the wealth shouldn't the wealth be distributed amongst us equally?

You mean something like getting to use the site for free while the management gets to foot the bills? Sounds like a plan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom