Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your most anticipated release of '08?

A bunch of crap.

• Mercenaries 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spore

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

• Crysis Warhead

• Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

• Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization

• Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

• Far Cry 2

• Dead Space

• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

• Fallout 3

• Left 4 Dead

• Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods

• Call of Duty: World at War

• Grand Theft Auto IV (PC)

• Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

• Empire: Total War ('09)

• The Sims 3 ('09)

• Total voters

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Far Cry 2. Open world, non-linear story, complete immersion. Nothing else looks beyond mediocre.

But yeah, this is going to be one of the biggest fall release date extravaganzas. Ever.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
By the way, the NWN2 combat engine is boring, whereas Far Cry 2's combat looks awesome.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Left 4 Dead. I know a few guys who I play Steam games with, and I'm a sucker for co-op.

Also Storm of Zehir, Far Cry 2 and probably Empire: Total War when it comes round to budget.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Dragon Age and AoD are the two games I'm waiting for but since they're unlikely to be out this year I'd say Colonization 2.

Storm of Zehir I don't know since I haven't yet got around to properly playing NWN2 or even installed MotB

Deleted member 7219

1. Far Cry 2
2. Fallout 3
3. Left 4 Dead
4. Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods (is this actually coming out this year?)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Storm of See Here and GTA4, obviously.

It'd be awesome if I could say I wasn't looking forward to Fallout 3 as well, but I am. I'm not so awesome. I'm anticipating the fuck outta that one. Like a trainwreck mind you, but still, I'm interested in seeing what they did with it.

fastpunk

Arbiter
For me it's Storm of Zehir first and foremost. Out of the other games on the list I'm only slightly curious about STALKER Clear Sky and Far Cry 2.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir. The only other one I might pick up is Colonization.

masterridley

Novice
Most awesome game on the list: GTA4

I admit I don't care much about SOZ because I haven't even played MOTB, TOEE and Witcher (and I own all of them so...)

Most anticipated game: Fallout 3 by far.

Texas Red

Whiner
Storms of Zehir and Witcher ED(surprised that nobody else mentioned this). FPSs and action games bore me to tears and I generally refuse to touch retarded games like the new Red Alert.

MasPingon

Arcane
Fallout 3, I can't help it. I still hope it won't be complete shit.

Witcher Enhanced, out of curiosity

GTA 4, there was not a bad GTA game

Age of Decadence, hope we'll see it soon

Necrovision, true spiritual ancestor of Painkiller, old shool, arcade shooter

SoZ, hope it will be in MotB tone

Dead Space, I was sold when I watch the trailer. Sick shit

Mareus

Magister
Why is there no Witcher Enhanced on the list? Anyway, from all the crap listed up there I have to go with SoZ. I am looking forward to Fallout 3 also, if for nothing else than to at least be able to spit shit over it. I couldn't do that, in good conscience, without playing it first.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
I am looking forward to Fallout 3 also, if for nothing else than to at least be able to spit shit over it. I couldn't do that, in good conscience, without playing it first.

Strange really, because the most effective way to shit on the game would probably be just to not buy it, not play it and then not talk about it. Sure it's not really going to accomplish anything, but then neither is slagging it off here, they'll just be down £30.

FireStomp

Novice
Where the devil is Mirror's Edge?

I mean, I like some of the other games and such, but... still!

ricolikesrice

Arcane

1. Empires: Total War (prussia will finally rule the world as deserved )
2. Crysis Warhead (first impressions sound like its exactly what i wanted out of it)
3. NWN2: SoZ (only low on the list because its combat is so shit, still looking forward to it)

oscar

Arcane
I wonder how their going to make the civilizations differant in Empire: Total War. Is a French and British solider that differant?

The British were suppoused to be the most well trained and disciplined for volly fire, but other then that I can't see how they'll make them differant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom