Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your most anticipated release of '08?

A bunch of crap.

• Mercenaries 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spore

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

• Crysis Warhead

• Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

• Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization

• Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

• Far Cry 2

• Dead Space

• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

• Fallout 3

• Left 4 Dead

• Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods

• Call of Duty: World at War

• Grand Theft Auto IV (PC)

• Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

• Empire: Total War ('09)

• The Sims 3 ('09)

• Total voters

entertainer

Arbiter
Men of War, T34 vs Tiger, Steel Fury, Ground Branch, Theatre of War II.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jaime Lannister said:
FireStomp said:
Where the devil is Mirror's Edge?

I mean, I like some of the other games and such, but... still!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39366.html

taking handholding to a whole new level, there

what a shitty "game"
lol "if you aren't sure where to go press "circle" and it will show you the right direction"
more like "if you are dumb and can't see the only possible linear pass press "circle""

aleph

Arcane
I: Storm of Zehir
II: Civilization IV: Colonization

xuerebx

Erudite
Fallout 3 and hopefully AoD. Disciples III too if it came out at the end of this year, which I doubt.

Texas Red

Whiner
I can't think of any reason why someone should be a member of the Codex and not wait for Storm of Zehir.

Beans00

Erudite
Dark Individual said:
I can't think of any reason why someone should be a member of the Codex and not wait for Storm of Zehir.
NWN2 and moth were shit, why would soz be better?

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Dark Individual said:
Because they don't like NWN II, and find Obsidian Entertainment a poor gaming company? What, releasing unfinished games is a good thing?

Skankster

Novice
Jedi_Learner said:
Dark Individual said:
Because they don't like NWN II, and find Obsidian Entertainment a poor gaming company? What, releasing unfinished games is a good thing?

It isn't, which is why most game companies shit me. I never, ever buy a game on release anymore unless the reports are good from lots of trusted sources. Gaming reviews are not part of these sources.

As for Obsidian, they are average in that department. There are many worse developers. It was more the lack of hours slated for the addon that turned me away, rather than the worry of bugs. The last addon was fairly bug free.

bossjimbob

Liturgist
1. FO3
2. Dead Space
3. Fable 2
4. Left 4 Dead
5. Spore
6. LittleBigPlanet
7. Duke Nukem 3D XBLA

Already played the crap outta GTA IV (still playing it long after I beat it, in fact) and my lowly desktop can't run the PC version, otherwise it would have been on my list.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Cloaked Figure said:
Skankster said:
reviews are not part of these sources.

WHAT??!
Typical review: Press release bullshit best game evah reviewer's mouth full of cock and face full of jizz

It's so disgusting it doesn't even deserve punctuation marks or a correct sentence structure.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Fable 2
Sims 3
Far Cry 2
Saint's Row 2
Storm of Zehir

Btw, does anybody know the actual release date for Resident Evil 5? I've seen some sites list it for this winter and others for sometime next year.

KreideBein

Scholar
Far Cry 2 by a very long shot. I can't help but get a little bit more hyped up for it every time that I see a new preview video; the developers seem to be crafting what is essentially my dream FPS. The only reservations I have at this point are in regards to the AI quality and if the higher difficulty levels will make it so that everyone receives damage in a semi-realistic fashion (as opposed to how it worked in Far Cry, where mercs could take 20 bullets from the M4 at point blank range and still be running around like everything was normal).

I'm also looking forward to Storms of Zehir, but it's more of a vague thought about how I'll probably buy it when it gets released rather than any real excitement. To be honest, I've barely been following it recently (or any games at all, other than FC2).

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
After playing WAR for an hour, uninstalling it and giving my account to my cousin, I'm looking forward to WoW 3.0 patch the most.

Seriously. That patch will be awesome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom