Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where is my post reply box

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
It's just blank a lot of the time. If I refresh endlessly it might show up eventually. No rhyme or reason to when it appears or not. Using Chrome with no extensions.

Why??

1701362223808.png

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I've never seen this happen to anyone here (or anywhere else; the editor is part of the XF core), so the chances of it being anything short of self-inflicted on your end are very slim. That it would happen across different browsers AND mobile as well is near-unbelievable. Some extensions or addons messing with default XF functionality would be my first guess, but you're saying that you don't have any installed.

How about some anti-virus or something similar with some "browser protection"? But the chances of you having this on both desktops and mobile are probably close to zero.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I've never seen this happen to anyone here (or anywhere else; the editor is part of the XF core), so the chances of it being anything short of self-inflicted on your end are very slim. That it would happen across different browsers AND mobile as well is near-unbelievable. Some extensions or addons messing with default XF functionality would be my first guess, but you're saying that you don't have any installed.

How about some anti-virus or something similar with some "browser protection"? But the chances of you having this on both desktops and mobile are probably close to zero.
Thanks for the response!!
I don't have any additional antivirus besides the windows default crap so I don't think it's that.
I noticed sometimes the site never finishes loading and the loading circle spins forever. Might be related. I'll try resetting my browser(s) again and maybe try some other options.

agris

Arcane
Patron

I don't have any additional antivirus besides the windows default crap so I don't think it's that.
I noticed sometimes the site never finishes loading and the loading circle spins forever. Might be related. I'll try resetting my browser(s) again and maybe try some other options.
almost sounds like end-point filtering at the host or dns level

across devices, are you connected to the same network? on mobile, what happens if you disable wifi and connect through your carrier - do you still have no reply box?

Beastro

Arcane
Dude, wtf are you asking for help here?

This is the Site Feedback sub-forum. You should know by now it's for drama only~

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Dude, wtf are you asking for help here?

This is the Site Feedback sub-forum. You should know by now it's for drama only~
Leave it up to an anti-something to defile the sanctity of any holy place. Apparently our very own Drama Mansion has proven an unsafe haven thanks to the anti-menace.

I AM THE MERIDIAN. I am here to restore drama to the forum.

Theodora please show this antimeridian character what we do to straight lines around here. We push the buttons of these types and line threads with them. End of line.

To ensure the total dramatic descent into drama of this thread I will personally hand out random rating bounties for any further post in this thread.

Any first post on a new page will receive a 7e7e7 rating.

Drama in, drama out.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

almost sounds like end-point filtering at the host or dns level

across devices, are you connected to the same network? on mobile, what happens if you disable wifi and connect through your carrier - do you still have no reply box?
Yeah, or it could be a connection issue where the page often does not finish loading on that network for some reason.

Do you use wifi on your mobile and is it the same network as the one the computers use where you tried it?

I don’t use chrome, but just tested it on a fresh install of chrome and the same issue appears.

Firefox, Opera, and Safari are all fine. Seems to be a Chrome issue.

Mind you, I don’t care because lol Chrome.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Do you use wifi on your mobile and is it the same network as the one the computers use where you tried it?
Nah, work internet, home internet, mobile data, same issues.

I don’t use chrome, but just tested it on a fresh install of chrome and the same issue appears.

Firefox, Opera, and Safari are all fine. Seems to be a Chrome issue.
Is Firefox good? Been thinking about switching anyway.
Anyway I installed an ad blocker and voila, the issue is gone in Chrome. So the Codex ads are fucking up the loading of the reply box.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom